Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'm 17 and I've had my Tc a Year and three months.... well about two months ago my sun roof started to make a whistling Noise..... has anyone had that kinda of problem? Because when I get to about 65 MPH I start to hear this noise, at times it even gives me a headache.....

·
Registered
868 Posts
1 - Search

2 - If you did search, you'll find other people with similar problems, and quite possibly how the resolved them.

3 - If you're really feeling lazy, I'll give you a super quick fix.

Ready?

Here it comes!

Turn up the radio!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Actually the first thing to do is reset the sunroof control. That's what fixed zygote55's whistling.

Disconnect the battery briefly (a few seconds is enough), then reset both side windows and the sunroof. Instructions for this are both on the site and in your owner's manual.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Feb 4 2006, 02:27 PM
Wow, that was no help to him. Check the rubber stripping near the wind deflector. It may have rasied up a bit.
I would try that first. I had a similar problem when the dealership didn't push down the stripping in front of the wind deflector all the way after doing the Deflector Recall.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Originally posted by Pharoh+Feb 5 2006, 04:48 AM-->QUOTE (Pharoh @ Feb 5 2006, 04:48 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Feb 4 2006, 02:27 PM
Wow, that was no help to him. Check the rubber stripping near the wind deflector. It may have rasied up a bit.
I would try that first. I had a similar problem when the dealership didn't push down the stripping in front of the wind deflector all the way after doing the Deflector Recall. [/b]
At least your dealer did the recall. I took my tC in for a free oil change and the recall. Got oil, no recall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took it back to the dealership and they said mine had a recall on some mechanism and so they fixed it...... Im so happy now....but the day after I got it fixed my Tc got in a accident.... some 61 year old chinesse man hit me on my right front side... ALMOST HEAD ON.... so now my tc is in the shop for a week.... so pray for my baby....

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
UGH! What is up with everyone getting hit lately? This sucks... Speedy recovery to your car - I hope you weren't hurt!

·
Registered
797 Posts
I took it back to the dealership and they said mine had a recall on some mechanism and so they fixed it...... Im so happy now....but the day after I got it fixed my Tc got in a accident.... some 61 year old chinesse man hit me on my right front side... ALMOST HEAD ON.... so now my tc is in the shop for a week.... so pray for my baby....[/b]
Damn, did you get a quote as to how much it'll cost you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my tC to the dealer 3 times for sunroof whistling. All three times they claimed they fixed the issue, which was a lie

First time they just placed the reinforcement in the front wind deflector for the recall issue.

Second time they said the front weather stripping needed to be replaced because it was installed wrong, which they did NOT have in stock so I had to come back again.

They cracked my windshield on the 3rd trip, which they did replace for free along with the rental car.

By now I am thinking they must have this issue resolved by now..nope. They wanted me to come back a 4th time!

I took my car home and FIXED the issue by resetting the Sun Roof! Works great now. I don�t know why the dealer never tried it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.