Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sun roof roller shade in my '07 tC TRD has bonked! I'm forced to roll it back by hand and that hurts! LOL! Would anyone be able to tell me the best/easiest way to replace it? I'm hoping that it will not require pulling the head liners?
Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just had the headliner out of my '05 TC so I could replace the entire sunroof housing panel (due to broken back glass!) and I removed the sunshade as part of that (along with a lot of other parts). I think it would be very difficult to remove the roller shade without removing the headliner. There is a big metal bracket holding the shade (runs from side-to-side) and that is held by 2 T-25 screws and one nut on each side, but in order to get the nut out, you also need to remove the brackets (held by two 10mm bolts and two 10mm nuts). Once the main bracket is off, you can slide the whole roller shade off the grooves in the aluminum channels/tracks. Removing the headliner is actually not that bad. The service manual shows removing pretty much every interior trim molding but I found that you can get the headler off by removing the tops of the side pillar trims. Another hint is that the visor clips rotate 1/4 turn then pull out. Don't just force those out.
I few of the photos I took are attached to give you idea of what it looks like. Also a page from the manual. I can explain more if you decide to tackle this.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts