Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I blew my front driver-side tire on what seems to me was a pothole (which you can't see because of the unleveled pavement). In any case, I was reading the various different posts and tried doing a few searches but I haven't really found a concentrated answer for my doubts/questions. I don't know much about tires or rims for that matter so please bare with me.

I live in Miami, FL. and I'm still riding on the 17" stock rims with the factory installed potenzas. I'm looking to replace only my two front tires if possible. Is it a bad idea to put a new set of tires in the front and keeping the two best potenzas for the rear tires if the two front ones I want to get are a different brand? These potenzas have worn out pretty fast and to be honest I'm not at all impress with them...I might have another 6 months left on the two better potenzas and I would like to take advantage of that if possible.

Also, I was reading that the pirelli zero nero all weather tires were good for the up north weather climates but I was wondering if anyone in a sunny climate had these tires? I guess a better question would be which tires do you recommend for sunny weather that are good quality and will last long?

Obviously, I would like tires that look great but I'm more concerned with a smooth ride, good grip and decent tire life. I'm a little more flexible when it comes to price so long as what I'm paying extra compensates with a longer tire life.

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Is it a bad idea to put a new set of tires in the front and keeping the two best potenzas for the rear tires if the two front ones I want to get are a different brand?[/b]
remember you have to rotate your tires every so often.. just get all four.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
good cheap tire($119) Fuzion ZRi. Wear is about the same as the POS's and they are MUCH more stickey.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Everyone on here will tell you something different and some will not even take the time to read exactly what you are saying. (He is not looking for all seasons) I would do some research on tirerack.com. You can compare tires and their ratings. You can also read peoples opinions on each tire. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I got on tirerack.com and did some research. I ended up going with the Sumitomo HTR Z II. My decision was based primarily on price. The tire has gotten decent reviews and you just can't beat the price ($79.00 each). I was still hesitant when I picked it but I said to hell with it. I gotta start somewhere I might as well start from the bottom and work my way up. Anyway, thanks again guys

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Well, if you want 2 used potenzas, i got 2 here that are ready to go. I'll get 'em to you cheap, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.