Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left my car at the dealer today so they could "fix" whatever is making the sunroof sounds...they gave me this brand new Corolla S
to drive...its a crappy car, I already miss driving my car! Oh yeah they are fixing my driver's side window too...it got messed up when I got my tint done..Everytime a rolled the window back up it would make sounds like it was catching on something and there'd be lines on the window.....Hope they wash the car before they give it back..

·
Registered
793 Posts
Let us know how the "fix" goes. I'm thinking about taking mine back, but so far it isn't really bothersome. Just freaks me out when I hear it b/c sometimes it sounds like a rock or something hitting the car. EEK.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 2 2004, 06:30 AM
Let us know how the "fix" goes. I'm thinking about taking mine back, but so far it isn't really bothersome. Just freaks me out when I hear it b/c sometimes it sounds like a rock or something hitting the car. EEK.
hey loopylady..

so yours is making the sunroof noise too? what is the # of your car? (last 4-5 digits of the VIN)..

thanks..

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I swear mine makes that noise too... but when the technician rode with me... he thought it was the suspension. Anyways... I plan on bringing it back when toyota puts out their service bulletins...

My vin is 8254

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys, the dealership just called me, they said the headliner(whatever the crap that is) in the sunroof is deformed and they have to replace bc the sunroof is not sitting all the way down which is where the noise is coming from. But the part is on backorder, so they said it may take 5 to 10 days!! But at least no more Corolla S for now....just thought I'd let you guys know

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, for some reason now they want me to stay in this car until the part comes in...this just gets better and better, I hope they at least wash my car and put gas in it when I pick it up...

·
Registered
181 Posts
hmm.. i'm not gonna fall for that trap of letting them keep my car that long to fix
that noise..

it doesn't really bother me that much since it doesn't occur that often

·
Registered
335 Posts
There is no way I would let them keep my car that long while they waited for a part to come in. I would tell them to give me back my car and call me when the parts are in to fix it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was thinking about the time issue, and they at least have to wait til tomorrow when the service manager is in(bc the issue is being monitored by Scion reps since i called and complained). I'm gonna swing by on my way to class and get my car back til they get that part. Hmmmphf between this and the insurance issues, I'm getting a headache....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by sciontc_mich+Aug 2 2004, 08:33 AM-->QUOTE (sciontc_mich @ Aug 2 2004, 08:33 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-LoopyLady_1
@Aug 2 2004, 06:30 AM
Let us know how the "fix" goes.  I'm thinking about taking mine back, but so far it isn't really bothersome.  Just freaks me out when I hear it b/c sometimes it sounds like a rock or something hitting the car.  EEK.
hey loopylady..

so yours is making the sunroof noise too? what is the # of your car? (last 4-5 digits of the VIN)..

thanks.. [/b]
Mine is 6413 and its auto...as for the headliner thing...I'm going to get my car tomorrow so I will find out exactly what it is they are ordering...I'll let you know

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine is making no sunroof, dash or other rattling noises (.........yet!) I angle off my driveway every day to the street.....VIN 7625

K

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... anyone notice a pattern to the popping noise??

Does it happen...

a.) When sun roof is closed
b.) When sun roof is tilted open
c.) When sun roof is open all the way
d.) Going over speed bumps
e.) Going over small bumps
f.) Going in/out of driveways
g.) Going over dips
h.) Making turns
i.) All of the above
j.) Other.... please explain

I was thinking about a poll but the answers could be a combination of the above...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've only driven 350 miles in four days and I'm starting to get little noises in the moonroof. It creaks once in awhile on bumpy roads, but otherwise, I get little rattles that aren't too bad. It doesn't bother me very much yet, but I think I'll wait till all the dealerships get the bulletin on it cause I asked the salesman when I bought the car and he said the popping noise is just a side effect of having such a big moonroof. They haven't gotten any info from Toyota to fix it. We'll see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts