Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking at putting 2 10in subs in my tc, but i cant really find a place to mount them or mount a box with out not being able to get to my spair tire, i really dont wnat tthe bass tube that is offered cuz 100 amps does not cut it, any ideas ,

·
Registered
847 Posts
yea, molded fiberglass to the indents behind the wheel wells... may be spendy, but should still allow to get to spare tire, you might have to cut the spare tire cover so that the sides dont come up, only the center that has the lock thingys on it... thats what im planning on doing when i get the $$$

·
Registered
847 Posts
the only problem with the angle behind the seats is that it will change if anyone in the back seat decides to recline the seats back = broken sub, very sad/angry...

although i suppose you could build a custom box to have the angle of the rear seats reclined as far back as possible cut into the box...

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
i would start by posing the question in the correct forum. i'll move it for you because i am sure you realised that.

you may also find some of the answers you are looking for by running a search on the subject.

good luck, i hope you can find the informaiton you are looking for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have a bandpass box with two 10s in it. do what i do.. i will be throwing it in the back with an amp behind it. if you need to get to your spare tire, fold down the rear seats and push the sub forward on top of the seats. make sure if the amp is attached that the wires are long enough or just leave your amp in the back while you push your subs over the rear car seats. dont wanna be ripping any wires out

my previous cars didnt have fold down rear seats, so i had to disconnect the sub from the amp and take it out of the trunk to get to my spare the one time i needed it. kind of a pain, but with fold down seats, it doesn't get much easier.

eddie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by MegaGoo@Oct 30 2005, 09:54 PM
i have a bandpass box with two 10s in it. do what i do.. i will be throwing it in the back with an amp behind it. if you need to get to your spare tire, fold down the rear seats and push the sub forward on top of the seats. make sure if the amp is attached that the wires are long enough or just leave your amp in the back while you push your subs over the rear car seats. dont wanna be ripping any wires out

my previous cars didnt have fold down rear seats, so i had to disconnect the sub from the amp and take it out of the trunk to get to my spare the one time i needed it. kind of a pain, but with fold down seats, it doesn't get much easier.

eddie
that is so true, i will probably get a box and leave it in the hatch now.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I have 2 10 Audiobahn sound q subs in a big a$$ box but if I ever need to access the spare I can just take the box out, its only screwed down with brackets.

I've been toying with the idea of making two separate 1 cu ft (12x12x12) boxes and mounting them inthe corners or someplace where I can have more storage space in the trunk and possibly rig the spare tire cover so it will open without having to move the boxes. ITs just a pipe dream for now though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I designed my set-up so I could still pull out the spare tire. I put my amp racks on each side of the hatchand a 12" in a sealed box behind the seats. You can make a sealed box for 2 10s that fits behind the seats and does not come out too far over the spare tire well and raise it a little so you can get to the spare tire cover.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I have 2 small boxes. If I need to access the spare tire well, i just push down the rear seats, tilt the boxes backwards and lay them on their backs, and then access the spare tire well.

As for the amp, we custom fit it into the foam underneath the floor covering.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.