Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hate bass. i want to get a sub to define the sound a little. i dont want my windows to rattle and stuff like that. i just want a good sounding sub and amp that will not make me unable to hear the actual music. what do you guys think i should get??? i searched and didnt find anything so if this topic has been covered just give me a link or something.

·
Registered
832 Posts
8 or 10" Kicker Solobaric. Give it about 100 watts or so and it'll fatten up the sound very nicely. Also, they require a tiny amount of airspace so you won't lose much cargo area.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here is my cheap set-up. Sounds good and adds just enough low end to enrich the sound but not be overbearing. The guitar strums are clear and tight. Sealed box and the amp is running around 250rms I think? Anyway....cheap and tight.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I have an 8" Bazooka tube - 150W or 200W, much much cleaner sound than the OEM 10" Bazooka enclosure, and I have access to both cubbyholes in the trunk, it does not take up much space, takes about 25 seconds to remove, and the best part is that it's connected via OEM harness, so no splicing, wiring, shorting, blowing fuzes, etc. All plug and play - clean and easy.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did a little research on that Infinity Basslink sub, and it gets good reviews pretty much everywhere. Im think I'm gonna get it cause the price seems reasonable. Question to anyone who has it or knows about it.... do I have to buy any additional wires/harness to install this? If so, how much is that going to run me?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Does it hook into the stock stereo or will you need the alpman wiring harness?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 1 2006, 12:55 PM
Does it hook into the stock stereo or will you need the alpman wiring harness?
It doesn't require the add-n-amp harness because it has high level inputs, but you will have to tap into the speaker wires. You could use my harness and it would make the install much easier as well as not having to hack into the speaker wires. The choice is yours...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I don't need it. I've got my Kenwood Touchscreen DVD HU anyway. I was just wondering.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by tCfiend+Feb 1 2006, 02:55 PM-->QUOTE (tCfiend @ Feb 1 2006, 02:55 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Feb 1 2006, 11:45 AM
You'll need the power and ground wire, it comes with the other cables.
do you have basslink? what do you think of it?

and how much do those wires cost [/b]
I've got the Basslink II which is 250 watts and I really love it so far. I've never had a sub and haven't really heard enough to give a good comparison. I can tell you it gives me the lows I want for hip-hop and when playing rock music the bass seems really tight which is a good thing. I don't think I would have bought the unit for the MSRP as its a bit high but since I got it new for 50% off I got it and am enjoying it thoroughly. It only took my buddy and I a few hours to install it but we had some pretty good knowledge of the inside of my car as we had already ripped the entire interior out before for the rest of my system.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've always liked a nice single 8 myself. My previous vehicle was an extended cab Nissan Frontier and I had a single Dayton Quattro 8 in a 1/4 cube sealed box. It was plenty but the sound would have to carry a little more in the tC. You could always put 8s in the doors if you really wanted to though. I wouldn't go bigger than a 10 unless you're more into synthetic bass as opposed to drums.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I suggest finding someone with a sealed 10" box and enough power to push it. Test drive that. Hopefully they have it tuned to not distort (don't turn it up all the way !!! -- keep it clean)
and just fill in where needed. You will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This may sound like a really dumb question but my friends mom has an Infinti M45 (i think thats it), but anyways her car has a really nice bass to it and it is the stock sound system. I was just wondering if Infiniti uses this Infinity basslink in their cars? Because if they do im for sure getting it, it sounds so clear and has really nice crisp lows.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.