Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any1 no wtf is goin on wif the impreza n saabs??????

first saab have a stupid wagon that looks like the impreza n now the new impreza is same as well...........

did gm n subaru work together now???

·
Registered
130 Posts
GM owns a large stake in Fuji Heavy Industries which owns Subaru. Basically the 9-2x linear is a impreza 2.5ts wagon and the 9-2x aero is a wrx wagon with minor trim details and exterior modifications. They also have the 9-7x sport utility vehicle coming out this year which is basically a chevy trailblazer with trim mods.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
So Subaru is now tainted by the Big Three as well? Super. I never had much faith in them to begin with, and now it's safe to stay away from them entirely. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes. Saabs that are Subarus..it is a global car world out there now. Fords, Mazdas, and Volvos on the same platforms make for lower engineering costs and faster times to the showroom. Subaru still builds a nice car and has not been GM tainted too bad as yet. Not as bad as the GM tainted Daewoos being sold as Suzukis for sure. It leads to a bunch of new names for cars...like Saabaru..........

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
$300 brake discs were enough to keep me away from the STi. Imagine spending $1k for two new OEM front rotors and OEM pads before the install. That's incomprehensible for a street vehicle.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man GM is domination the whole thing...........

thought jap car dun use 2 have much connnection wif american company
guess im wrong

but i still like the wrx a lot!! they r still nice although all those car start to look the same now

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by vtecKiller@Aug 4 2005, 09:39 PM
guess im wrong
What?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Aug 4 2005, 04:30 PM
$300 brake discs were enough to keep me away from the STi. Imagine spending $1k for two new OEM front rotors and OEM pads before the install. That's incomprehensible for a street vehicle.
Anyone who spends that kind of money on oem parts without first seeing how much cheaper & beter the aftermarket rotors are deserves to spend it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Aug 4 2005, 08:44 PM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Aug 4 2005, 08:44 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-vtecKiller
@Aug 4 2005, 09:39 PM
guess im wrong
What? [/b]

What?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by SupraTC@Aug 8 2005, 04:19 PM
Anyone who spends that kind of money on oem parts without first seeing how much cheaper & beter the aftermarket rotors are deserves to spend it.
I looked high and low for reasonably priced 2004 STi discs. They don't exist. Reasonable is $65 just like a MkIV Supra. Show me these discs.

Also, who makes a "better" rotor than Brembo?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Aug 9 2005, 01:43 AM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Aug 9 2005, 01:43 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SupraTC
@Aug 8 2005, 04:19 PM
I looked high and low for reasonably priced 2004 STi discs. They don't exist. Reasonable is $65 just like a MkIV Supra. Show me these discs.

Also, who makes a "better" rotor than Brembo? [/b]
The Prodrive rotors are 2 piece rotors that are cheaper than OEM.

Being 2 piece they are significantly lighter than the brembo's since the hat portion can be made of lightweight alloy.

They also use a better Vane design that disipates heat faster and more efficiently.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.