Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey my system was working fine up until i installed my remote bass control. as soon as i turned my system back on and played music, after about 3 seconds my sub seemed to just get stuck on a note like it froze or something. every couple of seconds it would start working again but then get stuck again and just go BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM........... it gets better the longer i have my music on but even after 10 minutes it still gets stuck playing a single continuous note every once in a while. i was wondering what its called when a sub does this. also i was thinking maybe it was because i ran the remote bass control next to my power wire and maybe that was causing it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
i think you did your wiring wrong, check your ground and power wire, make sure the ground wire is touching bare metal, your subs might be blown, did you set your amp settings correctly?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my wiring should be correct, my subs were working great until i installed the remote bass control wire. i was wondering if the sub getting stuck on one note could be due to the remote bass control wire?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That is probably part of your problem. The gain wire running next to the power wire isn't a problem. However, a line out converter runs at roughly 8-14V, not your typical 2-4V out of a head unit. I would try turning the gain down and see what happens, also double check your ground to see if it has loosened or something. Also note, this noise is coming with high level inputs, they just aren't as clean of a signal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey this is an update to the problem. i found out, when my sub acts up and starts making these noises, it has nothing to do with the music. it acts up randomly and continues after the radio is turned off. whats wierd is, when i accelerate or press the gas, it stops. as soon as i get off the throttle, it makes its high pitched "boooooooooom.." again. sometimes its backwards though, like when im on different inclines on the road, it may react to me braking instead of the gas, it is very odd. does anyone have an idea? all my connections seem to be strong and correct. and i even lowered the gain to 1/4th.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
That is caused by noise is the wires that is being radiated to the amp (on or off). To me it sounds like one of two things:

1. Bad ground
2. Noise in the lines for the line out converter/hi level inputs

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was considering maybe its because one of my high level input wires crosses with my power wire very briefly at a 90 degree angle. i ran my high level input wires to my rear speakers so the left high level input wire crosses with power wire a tiny bit because i ran my power wire down the left side. is there anyway i can shield the power wire at that small location? also, can that little amount of cross over actually cause that much disturbance? they are literally only crossing one time at a 90 degree angle and even at that point, they are at least 5 inches apart.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If the lines are touching, yes there can be that much disturbance, but an inch or two seperating the lines could do it. An easy way to tell, unhook those connections on the amp and see if the sound goes away.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i took my left rear panel off and pulled the left HLI wire 12 inches from the power wire so nothing is running near the power wire except the remote bass control. it still buzzes. i found out that the sub will buzz whenever i wiggle the RCA end of the HLI's where they attach to the amplifier. are my HLI wires defective? or maybe the RCA inputs on my amp?

also i discovered my amp will turn off if i unplug only my left HLI but if i unplug only my right HLI it stays on. thats another wierd phenomenon.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Your high level inputs have RCAs? That statement confuses me since high level inputs are speaker wire. Are you using a line out converter?

Your high level inputs are carrying constant signal is what it sounds like, this could be caused by a variety of reasons, but sounds as though they are picking up noise through the chassis of the car somehow.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Interesting, your noise could be coming from bad connections there. There are a lot of places. It is hard to diagnose a noise problem without going through the entire system, but it sure sounds like you are getting from your high level inputs. I would suggest maybe getting the adapter piece from alpman and trying that with a good set of RCAs, i imagine it will remove much of your noise.

Ed

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey thanks for the input, i brought it back to the guy i bought it from and he said it works fine using a hi lo converter that i could install at the rear speakers. he said maybe the signal or voltage from the speaker wires was too high when i was using the HLI wires, does that sound right?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.