Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, been searching for a while havent really found a direct answer.

First is, has anyone installed a sub in their tC, difficult to do? I know a good amount about cars and audio, but im afraid to just start pulling stuff up, you know?

Anyone either can say its pretty easy and explain a bit or know of a site showing maybe pictures or something?

And if you dont know the answer to the question above, do you know if it quite easy for someone professional to do?

I dont know if you are familiar with the audio installers, Tweeter.

They installed a sub on my last car and it was an okay job..

Should I trust someone to start pulling up things on my tC? Im a little afriad cuz its a brand new car..

Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
I've taken the entire interior out of my car between installing springs and putting in a new sound system (no sub yet) and I can tell you its not extremely difficult to do. Just take your time on the side panels and just wiggle them loose until the plastic pieces pop out of the body. I had some help and there is no way I could have done without the experienced help I got. Like the springs, if you have the knowledge, or someone else with it, and the tools you can do this yourself. The amp placement will be the hardest part unless you don't care about just putting in the floor of the hatch area.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im just afriad to even scratch or mess something up, like going through the firwall and all that is a little bit difficult. plus im getting the adapter for the stock cd-player so ill be wiring the amp from the back of the cd-player which i would be afraid to take apart..

but im also sorta afraid to even pay to have someone do it, cuz you can never trust those guys...

·
Registered
145 Posts
first off, im a complete car newb and installing my sub was the first thing ive ever done and overall it was pretty easy. getting through the firewall was the hardest part by far. in the end i made 1 scratch on a panel and broke one of the the little connector things on a panel, but both problems arent noticable and both could have been prevented if i was more patient. the only thing i had my friend help me with is connecting the wires. i ran them myself i just didnt know which wire to connect where.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah?

that is pretty promosing, what about the ground wire?

and was it pretty easy to get behind the cd-player?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by thepda@Nov 9 2005, 09:41 PM
and was it pretty easy to get behind the cd-player?
That is the easiest part.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
You going with just a Sub or an Amp as well? Look in the "4 hour install" topic - i have pics of what we did in my car.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet, thanks everyone, im doing amp as well.. also im taking out the spare tire and (i have a custom fiberglass small business round here) i am buildling a fiberglass mold enclosure that fits where the spare tire was, totally stealth!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Hope you're changing your Head Unit too. Oh yeah.. that guy completely gutted his tC.. heh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
naw im not changing the head unit.. I have the ipod connectivity and that is more to me than anything.. so im getting alpman's add an amp harness instead of splicing one of the back speakers... better then nothing.. plus im only adding a 10 inch 600 watt sub, so its not THAT loud to where you can tell quality..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.