Scion tC Forums banner

Stupid drivers....

3K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  Feezee 
#1 ·
Yet another wonderful example of stupidity at 2am.
4 youngsters...dunno the other two ages but we got two partial traumas aged 18 and 20 into the er.... rolled their SUV going 100+ mph according to the EMT's.
The two we got weren't in horrible shape...in fact when one girl mentioned that she was 2 months pregnant, the other girl said she wasn't...and they basically started fighting - minus the fact that they're both strapped into backboards and 20 feet separating them.

The driver went to another hospital as "Red" status...dunno what that means but I assume critical.

Now who here would do 100+mph in an SUV? Raise your hands.....

See less See more
#4 ·
Originally posted by SilverX@Nov 14 2004, 06:53 AM
Lot's of people would do 100 MPH with an SUV.
Lots of people would do 150 with a Car.

Should I call them stupid? Then I'd call every racer stupid (with the exception of professionals)
Yes, you should call them all stupid. I do it from time to time, but the fact is that certain speeds are just inherently unsafe on public roadways. Going 100 MPH in a regular car is, let alone 100 in an SUV or 150 in a car. I sound like cop.

#7 ·
stupid indeed. if you want to have some fun with high speeds, go to a racetrack - it doesn't cost too much... i don't remember for sure, but i was looking around for info some time ago... if you desperately need some speed, you can afford it.

#10 ·
they never learn. what i hate is the fact that these people raise the insurance rates for people my age. and even after this experience they will just do it again. maybe not right away in the next few months, but they will do it again.

#11 ·
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 14 2004, 04:28 PM
they never learn. what i hate is the fact that these people raise the insurance rates for people my age. and even after this experience they will just do it again. maybe not right away in the next few months, but they will do it again.

#12 ·
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 14 2004, 03:28 PM
damn straight!

#16 ·
Originally posted by moriarty+Nov 14 2004, 04:22 PM-->QUOTE (moriarty @ Nov 14 2004, 04:22 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Labfish
@Nov 14 2004, 02:31 AM
Yet another wonderful example of stupidity at 2am.
That's why I like to leave the bar/club before closing time. The truly hammered like to close down the place. [/b]

Hehe...I'm one of the ones that's usually closing down the bars, but it's not because I'm hammered....it's mainly because I've been playing poker or pool or dancing and I'm not even buzzing anymore. LOL.

Oh, and I'm a night person at heart, so going home before 2:00 just doesn't seem natural.

#17 ·
People in todays world just do not care anymore. It is really sad. When will people ever learn....It makes me sad to see how young people are now when it comes to driving.....I would like to know who the driver's ed teacher's are now....they need a swift kick in the ***.

#18 ·
It is not necessarily the driver's ed teachers fault. Teaching or not teaching, it is/should be common sense that driving at a unreasonably high speed is dangerous. In the end, it's the driver that's making the decision..unfortunately, some makes extremely poor decision. :-/

#19 ·
I'm a good driver..... My dad let's me drive in the driveway of the house!

#22 ·
people have been driving like a-holes since the beginning of cars. my dad drove around doing stoplight racing and acting like a fool too, its not relegated to a particular moment in the present or history. people are going to act like people. we're freakin mammals not some higher order of super-intellegent beings lol....fawk it, blame canada

#23 ·
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 16 2004, 01:45 AM
it's not the teachers. it's movies and tv. but mainly movies
Mostly, it's the idiots themselves. Movies and TV don't cause people to do stupid things; people choose to do stupid things.

#24 ·
Accident made the paper...of course. Didn't say the speed..hehe...good to have inside information. Acura MDX going 100+ clipped the rear end of a semi and went off the road and rolled 4 or 5 times. So far they all survived...and I consider that to being the location where it happened. About 4 miles from the closest trauma hospital. LoL...so they got to the accident quick and got him to a hospital. The two less injured got to travel to where I was...which is a good...mmmm... 15 minutes running hot.

#25 ·
lol...the fastest i've gone was 90, and it wasn't even on the highway, it was on the main drag though. But I had to take #### REAL bad and that was once. I'll most like won't do that again though. Other than that on average I may go 80 on the highway, but i dont make a habit out of that either. It's people like that, that give teenagers a bad rap and high insurance. lol....damn youngsters, glad i was never one

#26 ·
I've mustered 95 once on a completely deserted freeway. I seem to recall that the one car I took to the races would hit just about 90 in the quarter-mile. So that's pretty much it for me.

In my youth, I was surrounded by people who seemed to think a race wasn't over until the car wouldn't go any faster (as in, the 455 has a lot left to give, but the two-ton non-aerodynamic brick can only move so fast) and didn't mind doing the occasional 110mph on a 40mph city street.

I've endured countless "granny driver" insults, but close to 20 years later, I still have the car I had at the time, it's still in one piece and it still moves under its own power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.