Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet another wonderful example of stupidity at 2am.
4 youngsters...dunno the other two ages but we got two partial traumas aged 18 and 20 into the er.... rolled their SUV going 100+ mph according to the EMT's.
The two we got weren't in horrible shape...in fact when one girl mentioned that she was 2 months pregnant, the other girl said she wasn't...and they basically started fighting - minus the fact that they're both strapped into backboards and 20 feet separating them.

The driver went to another hospital as "Red" status...dunno what that means but I assume critical.

Now who here would do 100+mph in an SUV? Raise your hands.....

·
Registered
999 Posts
Lot's of people would do 100 MPH with an SUV.
Lots of people would do 150 with a Car.

Should I call them stupid? Then I'd call every racer stupid (with the exception of professionals)

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops...let me edit.... and they had been drinking.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by SilverX@Nov 14 2004, 06:53 AM
Lot's of people would do 100 MPH with an SUV.
Lots of people would do 150 with a Car.

Should I call them stupid? Then I'd call every racer stupid (with the exception of professionals)
Yes, you should call them all stupid. I do it from time to time, but the fact is that certain speeds are just inherently unsafe on public roadways. Going 100 MPH in a regular car is, let alone 100 in an SUV or 150 in a car. I sound like cop.

·
Registered
228 Posts
stupid indeed. if you want to have some fun with high speeds, go to a racetrack - it doesn't cost too much... i don't remember for sure, but i was looking around for info some time ago... if you desperately need some speed, you can afford it.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
i use to go 100+ when i first got a car (not the tC) but now 90-95 is probably the max i will do (on the interstate). 60 on city roads.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Nov 14 2004, 02:31 AM
That's why I like to leave the bar/club before closing time. The truly hammered like to close down the place.

·
Registered
614 Posts
they never learn. what i hate is the fact that these people raise the insurance rates for people my age. and even after this experience they will just do it again. maybe not right away in the next few months, but they will do it again.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 14 2004, 04:28 PM
they never learn. what i hate is the fact that these people raise the insurance rates for people my age. and even after this experience they will just do it again. maybe not right away in the next few months, but they will do it again.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Kwiksilver@Nov 14 2004, 03:28 PM
damn straight!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, guilty of 100mph in an SUV. But I was sober, it was early afternoon, and it was a dead empty PA Turnpike...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I've gone 105 weaving in and out of moderately heavy traffic on I-85...I'm still an idiot for it.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty+Nov 14 2004, 04:22 PM-->QUOTE (moriarty @ Nov 14 2004, 04:22 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Labfish
@Nov 14 2004, 02:31 AM
That's why I like to leave the bar/club before closing time. The truly hammered like to close down the place. [/b]

Hehe...I'm one of the ones that's usually closing down the bars, but it's not because I'm hammered....it's mainly because I've been playing poker or pool or dancing and I'm not even buzzing anymore. LOL.

Oh, and I'm a night person at heart, so going home before 2:00 just doesn't seem natural.

·
Registered
19 Posts
People in todays world just do not care anymore. It is really sad. When will people ever learn....It makes me sad to see how young people are now when it comes to driving.....I would like to know who the driver's ed teacher's are now....they need a swift kick in the ***.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It is not necessarily the driver's ed teachers fault. Teaching or not teaching, it is/should be common sense that driving at a unreasonably high speed is dangerous. In the end, it's the driver that's making the decision..unfortunately, some makes extremely poor decision. :-/

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I'm a good driver..... My dad let's me drive in the driveway of the house!

·
Registered
614 Posts
it's not the teachers. it's movies and tv. but mainly movies

1 - 20 of 33 Posts