Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What benefit does a strut bar do for me? I do not plan on racing so would it be mostly cosmetic? I do drive fast however and like to take corners at good speed.

How easy is it to install? Is it pretty much plug and play? Something I can do with just basic tools and no worries about messing the car up?

·
Registered
266 Posts
There are plenty of other posts on the strut bar...both Hotchkis and DC Sports. Some like me...say it is mostly cosmetic...others say they think there is a big difference. If there is one..it is not big for sure.
The Hotchkis from Scion comes with good instructions and only takes a half hour or so to install. A screwdriver a wrench or two and a little time and care is all that is required. It mostly involves removing the wipers and trim under them. The trim pretty much pops off and is held on by plastic fasteners. It is a easy job and does not require much skill, but is it worth it? It's your money and time. I have it and it is not one of my upgrades that made much difference.

·
Registered
426 Posts
one those mods you can do, just because you can..no big difference in performance..if u do want to take high speed turns like u say, invest ur money in springs and sway bars..BIG difference..

·
Registered
742 Posts
For street driving I would do things in this order of preference.

1)Buget and goals in mind
A)Tires! Single biggest improvement over stock.
2)Wider offset and wider wheels/tires even better as long as get the right ones.

1) sway bars, the springs are not to soft stock, just a bit tall

3) Depends on your budget
A) Springs
B) Springs and shocks
C) Coilovers

4) Strut tower bar, once you start getting serious it will make a marked difference. I race, I have moded all my cars suspensions for 35+ years, I have one, I can tell even with just a tire and wheel upgrade(a very significant upgrade) and I could tell on the very first corners I took and not even being all that aggressive.

Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.