Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get that godawful seat belt beeping noise to stop? And i'll beat all you smart asses to the punch, i know putting the seat belt on will make it stop. There has to be a fuse i can pull or a wire i can cut or something to make it stop.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
yup. this is the way.
step 1
turn the key to the 'on' position. using the trip meter button, toggle the lcd until 'ODO' is displayed.
step 2
turn the key off. turn the key back to the 'on' position. within six seconds of doing so, press and hold the trip meter button for ten seconds. after ten seconds, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.
step 3
the buzzer by default is set to on. once you've held the trip meter button for ten seconds and then buckled the driver's side seatbelt, the lcd will then disply 'b-OFF', telling you that the buzzer is now turned off. you can now let go of the trip meter button. if pressed again in this mode, you will set the buzzer back to on, 'b-ON'.
*note*
if the battery or combination meter is disconnected, you will have to follow the procedure again.

·
Registered
542 Posts
*note*
if the battery or combination meter is disconnected, you will have to follow the procedure again.

i figured that one out the hard way after putting my new sub in, now my car beeps again! anyway, whats the combination meter?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Everybody wears their damn seatbelts, but it's still an annoyance when you have a 1/4 mile drive from your mailbox to the door. Personally I don't feel comfortable in the car without a seatbelt.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wear my seatbelt for the most part. But when i go through Mcdonalds or something i take it off to get my wallet or just grab the food easier and its annoying. I also share a driveway with the neighbors and pretty much have to parallel park so when i pull in and park its easier to do it with the belt off because i look over my shoulder and beings i do that every day it can get pretty annoying.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
So did you do the chicken dance that mori nicely reposted here?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just did it about 5 minutes ago and took it for a quick spin around the block just to make sure and no beeping. Thanks guys.

My friends mom has a Corolla, think it would be the same trick on her car beings its a Toyota?

·
Registered
71 Posts
<---- a very appreciative non-beeping tC driver

·
Registered
781 Posts
Ahh the powers of the search button. I almost just asked. Thank god I found this I really hate the damn beeping

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by The Deal@Mar 15 2006, 07:18 PM
Ahh the powers of the search button. I almost just asked.
Membership approved. Thank you and enjoy YStC.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
lol. Even the blinking light annoys me.

I usually notice the passenger light blinking and yell at whoever is sitting next to me to wear the belt or find a ride.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to unplug that damn thing, but I think the sensor is tied to the airbag as well. I often carry around a backpack full of crap, and sometimes it's so heavy that it sets off the passenger seatbelt light. I wouldn't want any potential passengers to get pwned in an accident, though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.