Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have some more brake power but at the same time im not sure i want to burn a few G's just on brakes, What do you guys think about The kit that sparks toyota is selling. its a kit from stop tech, the kit has rotors that are the same size as the stock one but they are slotted, and come with some SS lines. I know that getting the willwood kit would be better performance wise but im a daily driver and i dont think i need all that...., So my question is do you guys think its worth it or not... as far as performance and dependability?

PS anyone that actually owns these it would be great to hear some input...

i cant seem to get the exact link...
Sparks Toyota
just click on that and look up scion tc/ "suspension and brakes" and its on the left hand side, it says "Stop-Tech High Performance Stage II Brake Kit"

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
The way it was described to me is a large brake upgrade is worhless unless you spend alot of time on the track. Also larger brakes won't stop you any sooner, they will make your tires lock up sooner. If you want to stop in a hurry try a wider tire. I will admit many of thoughs kits look good but is that worth justifing paying a grand or so.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by superchargedscion@Sep 14 2005, 10:16 AM
I want to have some more brake power but at the same time im not sure i want to burn a few G's just on brakes, What do you guys think about The kit that sparks toyota is selling. its a kit from stop tech, the kit has rotors that are the same size as the stock one but they are slotted, and come with some SS lines. I know that getting the willwood kit would be better performance wise but im a daily driver and i dont think i need all that...., So my question is do you guys think its worth it or not... as far as performance and dependability?

Sparks Toyota
just click on that and look up scion tc/ "suspension and brakes" and its on the left hand side, it says "Stop-Tech High Performance Stage II Brake Kit"
I have the Wilwoods, but here's my suggestion to you:

Try getting just some braided steel lines and Hawk pads. The difference should already be enough to satisfy your needs and you don't spend a bucketload of cash.

-Ed

·
Registered
742 Posts
Great advice from Eddnog;) At the most some rotors as well but not much you are going to gain there, more cosmetics.

I have Wilwoods just on the front and only becuase I will do some track time. (A bit for show as well because that is a part of our building this car up but only has real performance parts, not make believe like most show cars do;)

Rick

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by EddNog+Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM-->QUOTE (EddNog @ Sep 14 2005, 10:49 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-superchargedscion
@Sep 14 2005, 10:16 AM

Sparks Toyota
just click on that and look up scion tc/ "suspension and brakes" and its on the left hand side, it says  "Stop-Tech High Performance Stage II Brake Kit" 
I have the Wilwoods, but here's my suggestion to you:

Try getting just some braided steel lines and Hawk pads. The difference should already be enough to satisfy your needs and you don't spend a bucketload of cash.

-Ed [/b]
Thats some good advice, thanx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.