Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Random question...does anyone know whether or not you get to keep your 17" stock wheels if you upgrade to the 18" wheel package??? A friend and I were discussing this and he says you get to keep them if you upgrade, so I was curious to see if anyone had upgraded and got to keep the wheels...thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I believe they'll give you $200 for the stock wheels and tires. I could be wrong though.

'Just got my tC yesterday with the 18 in. wheel option. The dealer said that we could take a $200 credit thing in exchange for the stock wheels or just take the wheels instead of getting the money. Turns out that that tires and rims together go for four hundred and something apiece. So I decided to take the old wheels home with me (which are actually new) and try to sell them for something more than the insulting $200. I may just find a shop or something to sell them to but if anyone is interested in buying the stock tires and wheels brand new and never used then send me a private message.'

Ask Andfx8 for more information on this...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw an ebay post that had a list of cars that the stock scion rims would fit, so once I get my car in I will ask for the stock rims...did you have to ask for the rims or did they just hand them to you when you picked up your car???

Here is the list of cars the rims will fit:
TOYOTA CELICA GT, GTS 86-04
TOYOTA COROLLA CE, LE, S 03-04
TOYOTA MATRIX 03-04
TOYOTA MATRIX 03-04
TOYOTA PRIUS 2004

·
Registered
77 Posts
im looking for some nice 19's but the trd racing harts arent my cup of tea. its to simple for my liking but hey to each his own

·
Registered
282 Posts
if you live in an area where you get snow...i suggest keeping the stock rims and throw on snow tires for winter driving and not ruin your 18' or 19' rims. If i were to spent the money getting those rims, i'd keep the stock ones for back up winter tires.
I have stock rims for my car, when winter comes i am planning on buying some regular wheels and throw on some winter tires. I am not going all out to on rims for looks bc i could slip and slide into a curb and bend my rims. But then at the same time my car would look GAY without my scion stock rims. What you guys think i should do? just get some regular wheels with hubs just for the winter? I would like to keep the car looking nice with wheels

liz

edit-sorry i should have started a new topic on this.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Liz, as far as I know, the stock tires are not too bad in the snow, they're all weather. If I were you, i'd just drive with the stock tires and rims, there's really not too much of a point of replacing them. Or my other suggestion would be to upgrade to a better all-season tire package that handles better in the snow and all around. That's just my .02. Good luck!

·
Registered
282 Posts
i am not replacing my stock rims. i am just taking them off for the winter and will go back on in the spring. In the meantime i would want to have snow tires and i heard the stock tires are bad in the rain worst in the snow. I have bent my rims on my 240sx twice last winter due to curbing them bc of the snow.

what i was wanting to do is put some rims on that i dont care if they get messed up and not ruin my good ones. Even if i put better tires on my stock rims, i could still dent them and i wont take any chance on this car.

Liz

*edit....dont forget potholes!! we get them bad around here and i've gone flat before bc of these giantic potholes!!!

most of them usually get fixed pretty quickly in the spring or when the weather is warm enough late in the the winter.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Originally posted by Rodax@Aug 22 2004, 09:02 AM
I bought my 19" Konigs after buying the car. I stored the 17's in my garage.

http://usera.imagecave.com/rodax/
that looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any rubbing issues with the 19's?

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Registered
614 Posts
i bet you could buy the racing hart 19s with tires cheaper somewhere else. the center caps would say racing hart or something instead of trd but hey, saving money is more important. in my opinion trd charges way too much for their wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts