Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I searched both here and loserlife.com. Both sites had the info about the wheel size there, but nothing about the actual wheel weight!

I know the TRD 18s are way heavier, but I am just curious how much we are talking. If anyone has this info, please feel free to post!

THANKS!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am afraid that I cannot give you exact weights for the TRD 18 " alone. With the tire, it weighed about 5 lbs. heavier per wheel than the stock 17" with tire. I bought mine with Yokohamas already mounted so I did not get the chance to weigh the rims ...they are heavy though. You can feel the difference when you heft them up to put them on the car. Someone on the site listed that it weighed over 50lbs with tire....it was not quite that bad...48lbs.

Sorry I can not give you exactly what you are looking for...I could not find it either on their or the info from the real manufacturer..rebadeged for TRD.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Geneo@Apr 30 2005, 11:43 AM
I am afraid that I cannot give you exact weights for the TRD 18 " alone. With the tire, it weighed about 5 lbs. heavier per wheel than the stock 17" with tire. I bought mine with Yokohamas already mounted so I did not get the chance to weigh the rims ...they are heavy though. You can feel the difference when you heft them up to put them on the car. Someone on the site listed that it weighed over 50lbs with tire....it was not quite that bad...48lbs.

Sorry I can not give you exactly what you are looking for...I could not find it either on their or the info from the real manufacturer..rebadeged for TRD.
Got any pics?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Dang,
Why do they do that! There are great wheels on the market that are strong and light weight they could sell instead of such heavy ones. If you want to gain performance you do not install heavy arse wheels:(

For those that do not care, fine, for those that want real performance I recommend getting something far lighter, around 40 lbs per corner would be close to stock weight, my setup is 1.5 lbs less than the stock 17's with tires.

17X8 Enkei PRF1, 15.6 lbs. Hankook 235/40/17 R-S2, very very sticky tires for sun and rain, 39.5 lbs per corner.

Rick

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
TRD 18s with yoko prada spec2 were about 51lbs when I had them on the Matrix. I sold them the day after I weighed them and got 15lbs rims and 19lbs tires.

Stock 17s on the same scale showed about 40-41lbs.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Originally posted by Geneo@Apr 30 2005, 09:00 AM
http://photobucket.com/albums/y8/egoldeng/

I have some on the above link....I guess it is working today !
They look hott man... but definitely would look better lowered. As far as the 18s go, I think I remember hearing just over 22lbs a piece... rather heafty

·
Registered
266 Posts
Lowered would be nice for sure...will never happen with my driveway though or where I drive. I would be scraping somewhere all the time..even at a little 1.5 inch or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.