Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was cruising down the freeway coming home from Bible Study then I saw this RSX take off with his loud exhaust...So I downshifted to 3rd (going at a 70 mph roll) and drafted the rsx...So we hit a red light and were side by side...as soon as the green light hits I revv at 3k rpm and take off on him but his nose was up to my door still...atleast til I hit 2nd gear...I powershift and he falls back even further...alls I know is he is pretty far back and I cant really see him (as I was paying attention to the streets and can only see headlights in the rearview) then I hit 3rd gear going 85mph and hit the brakes...the RSX comes up and revvs again, so I got annoyed and revved back...He slows down all the way to 30 mph and so do I...we hit the horn 3 times and take off from 2nd gear and I pull on him as soon as I hit 3rd gear I see his headlights in the rearview again...Im all stock also remember that...but this goes out to that one vid that was posted all over tC forums where the RSX kills his noobie friend in the tC...this is the site......http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=276181....tC>RSX bas model

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice kill..hope the streets were empty

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
bible study eh? you must not have payed attention to the part about following the rules. nice kill btw.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I hit 3rd gear going 85mph[/b]
So what are you driving? tC does not go 85 in 3rd, unless you hit 6600rpm, which might be tough with the rev limiter and everything.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was in 3rd and I saw I was going 85 mph and I know I was at high rpms...not sure though...But still I think tC has too short of gears...it redlines too fast and sometimes you dont have time to shift b4 it overrevvs

·
Registered
180 Posts
nice race....but like others said, how did you get past the rev limiter?

And the short gears are a good thing, it makes the car accelerate faster. You meant a higher redline, right? But that'll be kind of hard to achieve, since your engine is a 2.4L.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
if you got him you got him. still, like the others, i think you may have misread your speedo in the heat of the race.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
SilverRSXJezus and RSX, why don't you guys hit the thread about the new Eclipse? I'm curious what you RSX guys think about it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Jul 23 2005, 03:29 PM
SilverRSXJezus and RSX, why don't you guys hit the thread about the new Eclipse? I'm curious what you RSX guys think about it.
What thread are you talking about I don't come on here often. Anyways I was at a local dyno day a few weeks ago and a tC with just cold air intake and TRD exhaust put down over 150whp and 150 tq easily on a dynojet; another tC with just header and everything else stock also put down impressivie numbers. A few base rsx with i/h/e didn't come close to match. I was very impressed with the tC. Of course the two cars weight differently with different gear ratios so anything can happen in a race. I don't have a problem believing a tC can beat the base rsx because I've seen it happened. I have a base rsx also and it wasn't that quick when I had i/h/e. But now I'm boosted so it's a different story. tC is very nice though

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus@Jul 23 2005, 09:23 AM

And the short gears are a good thing, it makes the car accelerate faster. You meant a higher redline, right? But that'll be kind of hard to achieve, since your engine is a 2.4L.
2.4 liters? I know you're smarter than that statement. You mean 92mm stroke, not 2.4 liters.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer+Jul 23 2005, 04:44 PM-->QUOTE (lo bux racer @ Jul 23 2005, 04:44 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-SilverRSXJezus
@Jul 23 2005, 09:23 AM

And the short gears are a good thing, it makes the car accelerate faster. You meant a higher redline, right? But that'll be kind of hard to achieve, since  your engine is a 2.4L.
2.4 liters? I know you're smarter than that statement. You mean 92mm stroke, not 2.4 liters. [/b]
Sorry, I didn't mean it like that

How about...2.4 liters undersquare design? Same thing right

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
^^^ Yeah, I knew you know that...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
aww, its so good to see us all playing together nicely, even with different toys. rsx owners arent the devil after all...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.