Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what it's the time of a stock 5 speed tc in a 1/4 mile. I just went to the track last night and I think I did very good, the thing its that I have 18'' wheels, oem ground effect kit and pedestal spoiler, also have spare tire... which make my car heavier than the stock tc. If one of you can please tell me what the times are so I can compare mine. Thank you.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I went to the Gainesville Raceway in waldo by the airport. I guess I didn't do that bad 'cuz my best time was 15.852 last night, and i have 18'' wheels, oem ground effect kit, pedestal spoiler, and the spare tire on the back. This was my first trip to the track since I got my tc.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey Im not sure if a tC can hit 15.7 qtr mile stock...You see Car and Driver rates their tC at 15.7 qtr mile but remember they had intake and exhaust on there which makes a 10 hp difference...I own a tC also (never ran it yet) and I dont think a stock tC can hit 15.7...maybe 15.8+ or something...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Oh yeah and also, there were stock tC's that ran all day at Rockfalls raceway in wisconsin and all they managed best was 16.0 qtr mile

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ran at ATCO RACEWAY last night. To Run Street Class on Tues Thurs Fri is $13 all night ( typically 4-5 runs at best).

It was my first time racing a manual car yeat alone the tC.

(06 5 Spd without spare tire, with bazooka sub)

Best Run

R/T ... .147
60' ... 2.61 (RE-92's suck ass!!! still spinning at a 1500 RPM Launch)
1/8 ... 10.91
MPH ... 68.81
1/4 ... 16.31
MPH ... 86.98
These times were only my 3rd run with the car, I will do better next go around. I do know somebody with a stock 05' who ran a 15.0 NO BS!!!

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
I don't know why everyone is so worried about ET. I know a lot more about the car from the trapspeed than I'll ever know by ET. ET just tells me how bad the driver sucks at launching and shifting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by SilverRSXJezus+Aug 19 2005, 04:46 PM-->QUOTE (SilverRSXJezus @ Aug 19 2005, 04:46 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-LENOLA
@Aug 19 2005, 01:49 PM
I do know somebody with a stock 05' who ran a 15.0  NO BS!!!
Sorry, but I do have to call BS on that one (I'm assuming that car is stock)

Even with a perfect launch or whatever, the trap speed isn't that high [/b]
I called bullshit too but then I saw the slips

His best run same night as me was a 15.4, all the cars were running slow and ATCO is a slow track. The 15.00 run was done at Maple Grove PA and the fact that he has alot of experience on the track with 10 second cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Aug 19 2005, 04:54 PM
I don't know why everyone is so worried about ET.  I know a lot more about the car from the trapspeed than I'll ever know by ET.  ET just tells me how bad the driver sucks at launching and shifting.
That statement holds true with my crappy launch and spinning tires through 2nd ( 60ft time 2.67) but I managed a 87 mph at a 16.32 ET. Even the guy that ran a 15.00 with a stock tC was amazed at my trap speed, because my speed was consistant with his 2.1 second 60 ft and 15.4 runs that night. Also, the car I ran against had a 1.8 60' 14.020ET at only 92 MPH. But, I also saw 15.00 cars run 89 - 90 MPH. Trap speed is misleading in this case. If I get my 60 ft down we shall see if I can manage basement 15's myself.
I will post time slips too.

Judging cars by trap speed is an under statement, or best yeat a ball park measure. Most drag cars have delayed boxs that allow you to run near perfect R/T's and they are automatics which only make them more consistant. But if you observe their trap speeds in relation to the ET's then you would see the inconsistantcy.

With the manual transmission and a good driver anything is possible. There is alot more variables and physics involved than just trap speed. Weight Reduction,Tire Pressure,Track Temp, Sea Level etc. etc.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Trapspeed is a direct indicator of horsepower. ETs can vary a lot, but trapspeeds tell the true potential of the car. It's direct application of that fundamental equation: F=MA.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.