Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried replacing the stock sub with another manufacturers sub that requires the same volume as the bazooka sub? If the sub itself is not up to par, I would think replacing the sub itself would make a significant difference. Is it the sub itself that isn't packing enough punch, or is the amplifier? Just a thought.

·
Registered
299 Posts
i dont have the bazooka installed and the base is pretty good to me.. i'm not tryin to vibrate any neighborhood windows... i hear from other forms on here that the bazooka sub option you can get is actually really nice.. of course there are lots of other people who have goten other brands installed so its all a matter of preference really...

there are other threads on here that explore the topic.. do a search on alpman

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I *had* the bazooka for the tC in my car...before it got trashed. And it was perfectly fine for those of us not trying to win thumping contests. And it was still working after that 2001 Blazer destroyed my car...so I give it top ratings on survivability....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me clarify what I meant. I'm talking about replacing the stock sub with a different sub in the factory box. Clearly people have added different aftermarket subs, but from what I've seen, they are in different enclosures. What I'm looking at is using the factory sub box with a different sub. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
299 Posts
seems interesting but the bazooka box doesn't look big at all... can i ask why you want to retain the stock box?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Went I went over and visited my smashed up car the sub box was sitting in the passenger seat - and it's bigger than it looks. And heavier. 'specially to a crip. But I don't think you'll be able to replace the sub with another? I think that box and ports are specially designed to make it "smaller" and have a pretty good thump. Think of a Bose wave-radio and all the contortions it has...I think the sub has a similar principal..... not sure tho.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Not explicitly, no. They all seem to take up more space unless you get something like the Kenwood KSC-SW1 (in which case it actually fits in the foam space by the spare tire).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts