Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the factory stereo system have a crossover for the tweeter/woofer in the front? If so, where is it?

I'm in the middle of a marathon installation: components up front, 2 way in the rear, 4r ch amp, powered subwoofer,... I can't believe how much work this is... 12 hours so far.

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
your car should have came with an owners manual for the stock stereo. That is best answer I can give.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
There is a crossover attached to the tweeter. The woofer isn't crossed over at all. When you remove the tweeter there will be a connector that has four wires in it. Two wirwe go to the woofer and the other two go to the head unit. Cut the connector and connect the wires from the head unit to the aftermarket component. Connect the wires from the woofer to the woofer output of the crossover. Connect the tweeter output of the crossover directly to the component tweeter. You can mount your crossover inside the door, just be sure it's between the door and the door panel so that water won't hurt it. See the link onefunkyfreshdj posted above for more details. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how the install pans out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Alpman, that's the answer I was looking for. The installation is in intermission at the moment because its raining and not likely to stop until Wed or Thursday... sucks I can't finish up and drive it until then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts