Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an '06 SW TC at the beginning of July, and I was so eager to buy my car I didn't ask the right questions nor did I have a very knowledgeable dealer.
The guy who sold me the car told me that the material interior was standard, and it didn't come in leather...then I asked him if the stereo was Ipod compatible, he said the Ipod compatible stereo doesn't come in this model.

Now, my girlfriends' cousin just purchased one in Huntington Beach and he got black leather interior and an Ipod compatible stereo.

I called the dealer 5 times since I found out and he hasn't returned my calls or he's "out to lunch".

This seriously upsets me and I'm not sure what to do, the interior material I like, I don't like leather seats, but the stereo is was I really want to get, I don't want to put an aftermarket stereo if I don't have to.

Has anyone ran into something like this?

I guess it is my fault for not doing my research fully on the car and being so eager to buy it, but on the other hand he should have been honest with me, the guy didn't even throw in the floor mats!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
On the leather issue, the dealers themselves, to my knowledge to not do leather installs, but may have 3rd party relationships with local interior shops, and do it through them. It's not an official scion option. As for the stereo, I'm not too sure about that but you can buy an adapter that can hook up to your HU for your ipod or other mp3 player. I'm not sure what and where, you'll have to do a search for it.

EDIT: Check out this thread. With this wire you can connect other mp3 players, not just the ipod.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Most of the leather seats are usually outsourced to another company (unless you're in the SouthEast, the dealers have some special arrangement for their available options that are specific to our region such as the Special Edition tC, speaker upgrade) and usually done at each individual dealers will. The ipod compatible stereo is extra money and you could/can upgrade to it, but is it worth it? The stock stereo pales in comparison to most aftermarket stereos and almost everyone is adding an iPod interface or the ability to add one to their current decks (Alpine, etc). Even connecting an aftermarket stereo to your stock speakers helps the system sound better and Eclipse (and Alpine??) offer a way to intergrate your steering wheel controls. Also there is the PAC SWI-X option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was under the impression that all 2006 Tc's come with the ipod adapter. I could be wrong.
This will probably be considered a dumb question but did you look in the bottom of the center arm rest to see if the Ipod plug is there?
Sorry Im not trying to insult your intelligence Im just hoping you overlooked it and its actually there and you will be plesantly surprised.
Peace

·
Registered
109 Posts
2006's come with an AUX input that you can plug an Ipod into, however the HU will not control the Ipod. all you need is a $3 cable

OR

You can upgrade the HU to the ipod version and be able to control the songs and ipod from steering wheel and headunit. ($260 option i think)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Remember one thing, though, when you buy a SCION. Supposedly you can install other options at a later time if you decide to do so.

The 2006 standard stereo has an AUX adapter which lets you connect to various things, not just an iPod.

With the iPod stereo upgrade, however, you will be able to control the iPod from the stereo system and since it's 2006, you can also control the iPod from the steering wheel controls.

This iPod stereo costs about $260 or so. It's very well integrated to the iPod such that you can see the name of the song you're listening to, the artist, etc. I just got the car yesterday so I don't know what more it can do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
stock stereo is what it is.. what do you expect it too be a high end stereo? LOL you gotta be kidding me... i bet u the speakers are made out of cardboard... hahah if your seriously into car audio get a after market hu such as alpine, pioneer, or whatever, and do your own car audio installs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.