Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have roxio easy media creator. how do i create the mp3 disc and how many songs can the stock deck read. lets say i put 125 songs and the deck only reads 100 or something like that. help

· Registered
108 Posts
I don't think the deck limits the number of songs. I created a CD with about 150 songs on it. The number of mp3s that will fit on a CD depends on the bitrate you use and the length of the song. I use 128k bitrate and they sound good enough for me.

As for making the CD, I tend to create a directory for each album or artist, but there's nothing wrong with putting all the songs in a single directory. I seems to remember that there is a limit to the number of files you can have in the root directory, so you may want to create at least one directory off the root.

· Registered
22 Posts
I am sopposed to pickup my new Indigo Blue SCION tC tommorrow
and would like to take along an MP3 CD to drive home with. Does anyone know what formats the standard deck will accept? My Dodge Durango is very picky and devoted like two pages of the manual to how to create an MP3 disk.
Is there a similar list from the SCION manual?
Thanks

· Registered
453 Posts
pretty sure it plays just about anyhting in mp3 format, might even play wma, but im not sure on that one.....

· Registered
664 Posts
Originally posted by klauver@May 24 2005, 12:43 AM
I am sopposed to pickup my new Indigo Blue SCION tC tommorrow
and would like to take along an MP3 CD to drive home with. Does anyone know what formats the standard deck will accept? My Dodge Durango is very picky and devoted like two pages of the manual to how to create an MP3 disk.
Is there a similar list from the SCION manual?
Thanks
format.. iso-9660 and joliet file systems work fine..

i think it was like either 3-4 sub directories it supported.. what it recommended was to keep it at ROOT - sub1 - sub 2.. i didn't see it going beyond sub 2.. haven't really tried.. i'm only at sub 1 with the names of folders of cd's i converted to mp3..

it does want the cd finalized, either cd-r or cd-rw.. works with both..

and yes in the manual it explains in brief detail how it works.. it wasn't overly picky in how it wanted the discs.. just joliet or iso-9660 file systems and drag and drop your mp3's onto the disc.. When using Nero burning as a data disc works.. if you try the "MP3 disc" function it won't work.. the tC's radio just wants it as a simple data disc..

hope that helps.. let us know how it goes.. usually takes about 5 seconds or so for the mp3's to load up initially so there is a slight delay at first..

· Registered
108 Posts
pretty sure it plays just about anyhting in mp3 format, might even play wma[/b]
I don't think it does wma. I even had some problems with MP3s with VBR. It was kinda subtle and intermittant, but sometimes it just didn't sound right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.