Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My basic question is basically on the stock HU there is a bass and treble option, if you increase the treble what frequency does it start to add as well as decrease the amount if you cutt it, Also as well with the bass option. If i cutt the bass to say -1 out of the origional 0 what frequency range does the change affect, from say 200hz down or whatnot.

Anyone happen to have messed around with it and found this out?

IF not thanks for reading anyway...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what your asking, but I find I get the best results by using the "feel" setting for the tc, and by setting the treble at 5 and the bass at -3 or -2. I do this because to get good loud highs you have to have the volume up at about 50 or so, and setting the bass low will make sure it won't distort at high volumes and gives you a little more headroom to turn the volume up. I also have subs to fill the low frequencies so it works out pretty good. When I crank it, I can feel the front mids "pushing air" on my legs and stuff. just my 2 cent

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually thanks but that didn't help much.....

My question is say the bass setting carries from 500hz on down, or the treble goes from 3k hz on up, if you increase the bass or treble it would effect that area on up or down, or vise versa....thats my question.

What are the general frequency regions for the stock HU's Bass and Treble controls.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by demon2091tb@Aug 17 2005, 11:17 PM
Actually thanks but that didn't help much.....

My question is say the bass setting carries from 500hz on down, or the treble goes from 3k hz on up, if you increase the bass or treble it would effect that area on up or down, or vise versa....thats my question.

What are the general frequency regions for the stock HU's Bass and Treble controls.
i think what you're asking is what frequencies are adjusted by the stock headunit's bass and treble controls.. what the center points of those frequencies.. it's in the owner's manual for the radio.. here it is..

Bass: 55Hz with +11db to -13db range of control
Treble: 14080Hz with +8db to -10 db range of control..

hope that helps..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks thats what i was looking for, didn't realize that it was in the manual though.

So those are centered frequencies....How wide is the Q if those are the centered frequencies.

Thanks again, I knew what i wanted to ask but didn't know how to get it into a form that was understandable. Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
how wide are they? well i dont think these are parametric in nature, just linear. So the width would only cover the frequencies mentioned. you could always act like an engineer and call pioneer. I did that before with Alpine when I wanted info on the civic's stock radio, actually got one of the engineers who worked on the civic's radio.. was pretty cool to talk to him for 20 minutes about everything..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.