Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Thanksgiving, I had planned to take another car to visit my parents (500 miles round trip). The primary reason was it would be 3 adults and a parakeet in a cage, so the 4-door vehicle made more sense. Besides, my tC is a manual, and having driven 400 miles the previous day, I wanted an automatic where the other members of the family could share in the pain.

AAR, the night before, the other car started misfiring and the idiot light said take it in right away.
So the next morning, three adults, a parakeet in a cage, and all the stuff we could jam in the small trunk area took off.

It went well and I was pleased. My son, who is 6'5" and a passenger, needed the sunroof popped open so it would suck up on the shade. This was necessary so that it did not mess his hair.
My daughter, who is average in height, had a good time on the back seat.

Oh, and the car averaged a hair over 30 mpg up and back and always 10 mph over the limit. I loved that!!

My a$$ may be sore, but the tC came through with flying colors. The other car? Spark plug and cable replaced and now it is fine.

Cheers!

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I love taking the tC on long trips, it's so much fun

·
Registered
586 Posts
I took my tc for a long drive for thanksgiving too. it went really good as well. i think i went about 200 miles round trip and everthing was fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.