Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend had an A/T gen3 maxima that had some trans work done to it... trans cooler etc.

he also did something to it to make the shifts stickier so he could stay in the power-band and also get the characteristic head-jerk between shifts. instead of losing 1200-800 rpm between shifts, he only dropped around 700-500 rpms. (numbers very approximate, but u get the drift... less lag between shifts.)

does anybody know what he did to accomplish this?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Im not sure on that particular tranny, and the tC is pretty new for most products like you want. A tranny cooler is a good idea, a few degrees can make the tranny last much longer. This can be done to any car for the right amount of $$, but provides little performance gain for a street car.

Some manufacturers sell shift kits that can be installed in the transmission for quicker shifts, but there is a lag for a reason (to extend the life of your tranny). Computer chips can raise the shift points, and reprogram many things that will give you a "head jerk". However, correct me if im wrong, but I do not believe there is a chip on the market for the tC. All in all i think I would leave your tranny alone and start just building up the engine, you will get more power and you will have enough power to keep you firmly planted in your seat. If you wanted a head jerk, a manual may have been the way to go (trade for an 06
)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.