Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got a new Scion Tc yesterday, and i cant seem to determine if the face plate over the stereo is opens via power or manual pushing. it seems kind of stuck and i can only open it by pushing at top of plate. is this how it supposed to open or does have button to open it? i am asking becuase im afraid to break it by opening it with too much force

·
Registered
936 Posts
there should be three (3) square dots on the bottom of the rectangular stereo cover. Push in on those dots and release in a smooth motion. If that does not work, your cover is broken

on edit: i made this little picture for you so that it would be easier to understand

hope this helped

·
Registered
7 Posts
My cover plate doesn't open at the three dots. I have to put my thumb on the lower left corner area and pinky on the lower right and push. Just seems a little tight right now but it works pushing from the corners.

·
Registered
409 Posts
hey dont worry about it, mine is the same way its just not as smooth try pushing a lil harder, or push on the lower corners like i do, its just a lil stubborn

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah, mine is picky too. Sometimes it opens with very little effort, then sometimes it doesn't. You won't break it... just play around with it to find the "g" spot! =o)

·
Registered
59 Posts
hey.....anyone have any clue as to a way to motorize this face plate? Not only would it be cool as anything...(sorta), but it may solve these issues that some people have.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yeah... my tC's face plate opens quite easily... I guess you need to be a girl to know how a girl likes to be treated... lol.

My fiance has the hardest time opening his too...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Doh.......guess I'm one of those she-males we discussed in another thread, b/c I had trouble with mine too.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
my old partner here at work couldnt get them open at all. she kept saying they were sticking. mine swings freely.
apparently i know how to touch a woman.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ tC stereo doors, or women?

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, i figured it out. i thought pressing it on spot on front panel would be enough, but rather i have to give it a sharp TAP and it will open. i hate to say it, but i think this may be component which will break the quickest.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by dmarcoot@Aug 8 2004, 05:45 PM
ok, i figured it out. i thought pressing it on spot on front panel would be enough, but rather i have to give it a sharp TAP and it will open. i hate to say it, but i think this may be component which will break the quickest.
Honestly I'll be amazed if it lasts longer than 6 months. I'm not really sure why they put it there.. It would have been better to just make the face of the stereo silver and mount it flush with the rest of the console.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
The cover panel is neat looking, but I agree that it probably won't last more than a few months. But hey, if that's the biggest problem I have with my tC, I'll be pretty happy with that.

P.S. My uncle just found out his 3-year old Mazda Tribute needs a new transmission, at a cost of $3,000. Reminds me how happy I am that my tC is a reliable Toyota at heart.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts