Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
So if I have a Alpine CDA-9847 will the PAC- ALP-SWI make it work with my 2006 steering wheel controls? I looked on their website and that HU wasnt mentioned so I am assuming its not compatable. I guess I will have to use the PAC-SWIX. Please correct me if im wrong or just let me know if Im getting the right thing. Also where is a good place to mount the IR eye? It would be cool if the eye was mounted so that the cover could be closed and the steering wheel controls would still work. I wonder if the inside bottom edge of the flip-up cover would be a good spot?????
thanks
Adam

·
Registered
102 Posts
it8ezbngrn,
So yours is mounted under the radio facing out and it is working? I thought the IR eye had to be facing the HU in order to work.
I understand how it would work if it was facing out and bouncing off of crome tape, but i dont understand how it works without reflecting off of anything and facing out pointing away from the HU.
Please explain how you got it to work like that.
thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for your quick reply. I think im going to try the bottom inside lip of the flip down cover for a bit and see if that works. Thant way when the cover is open the IR eye is angled down and pointed at the HU and when the cover is closed it is angled up a bit and hopefully still pointing at the HU.
Im not going to mount it in the armrest because I have a 5 speed so my arm will definently be in the way most of the time. Well, thanks again.
peace

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.