Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone yet used a PAC SWIX to make the 06 steering wheel controls to work with an afterm,arket radio? I'm ordering one and plan on doing it. Just curios if anyone has done it and documented it for ease of install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I have one. I pick it up tomorrow. Sat in it today. I'll have to document my install if I'm the first then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I'll take a pick tomorrow night after i pick it up, or do you want we to just fax the title? Yes mine arrived Portland OR on Thursday and Hit the dealer Sunday. Tuesday I pick it up.

And I have an older Alpine 9813 with MP3 changer

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Flint Mica. I wanted white, but they said it would take a month. This car was already scheduled to come in so I took this one. I pick it up tomorrow afternoon. It has 1 mile on it. I'll be trading in my 05 STi. Right now the STi is to much money and to much resposibilty. I sat in it on Sunday just to see it becuase I never actually have driven one. I have seen them before and did an under car neon kit on one, but never really inspected one throughly. It just seemed to be the right car for the money, so I went down and put money down on one before I changed my mind.

I'm going to install a Passport SRX, Alpine 9813 + changer, Infinity Bass link, Clifford Matrix or Compustar (which ever proves to be safer) with a perimeter sensor, tilt sensor, hood lock and battery back up, Hella Supertone horns, MB Quart speakers. This is all stuff from my previous 2 Subarus.

I'm going to do the steering wheel radio buttons trick and maybe see about installing a power antenna, since everybody is using the short antenna. I want HID bad since my last 2 cars had it (legally) but I need to find a projection beam headlamp or make one. I fond Slyvania Xenarc lowbeam/driving lights taht look like fog lamps that are legal for $250 but they mey be to big or look funny that is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm using a PAC-SWIX. Older head unit. Havern't started yet. Just picked up the car today.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes the PAC SWIX works. Its 4 wire hook up. Just use any of the Toyota diagrams that it shows in the instructions. Took 20 minutes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine is mounted just below the radio. It would work with the cover closed if you put a piece chrome tape in there. I used the metra kit but I ABS'd the pocket so it is a flat panel, no pocket. The eye is flushed in the ABS. I had it just under thr arm rest originally but my arm would block it so I moved it there. If it has something to reflect off of it would work with the cover closed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It bounces off stuff in the car. The sunrooof mainly I think. But it still works with it open. Once in a while it won't work, but it is able to bounce off my hand. I had it just below the armrest facing the radio but I like to drive with large sodas and my arm resting on the shifter so that caused a problem. Then I placed in up ther and it worked, but once and a whileit won't, I think it has to due with the sunroof being opne and a good amount of direct sunlight. I'd leave it un mounted for a bit and drive around if you want to test a position.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes. One the 150 Ohm I believe. It was really simple. I never have installed one before. I usually do alarms, not stereos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.