Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
the alpines this year have steering wheel controls, not sure how that works, but id say its worth a try

also, this years alpines seem to have alot of problems, especially the 9853/55 with the "glidetouch," bad move by alpine, i hope their 06 line is better

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman+Jun 8 2005, 12:48 AM-->QUOTE (Alpman @ Jun 8 2005, 12:48 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-aznxthuggie
@Jun 6 2005, 11:53 AM
the alpines this year have steering wheel controls, not sure how that works, but id say its worth a try

also, this years alpines seem to have alot of problems, especially the 9853/55 with the "glidetouch," bad move by alpine, i hope their 06 line is better
Not quite sure where you're getting your information from, but I assure you, there are absolutely no issues with Alpine Glidetouch. As a matter of fact, I have only had one single failure on a 9855 with a Glidetouch problem out of several hundred sold to my Dealers.

There have been some backorder issues with these two models due to such high demand. This backorder situation sometimes leads to speculation of a problem, especially on a new model with new technologies implemented. Some retailers/salesmen may jump to conclusions and spew their assumptions onto consumers as if it were fact. This is most likely the scenario that you ran across. Point is, don't believe everything you hear just because it came from a guy on the salesfloor. Remember, he has to S.W.A.T. (Sell What's Available Today) in order to get paid.

BTW - Backorders began filling about two weeks ago and you should be able to find these models in stores once again. I cannot see how this is such a "bad move by Alpine" when the demand is sooo much greater than the supply.

Steering Wheel Controls - There are several CD models in the '05 Alpine lineup that are SW Ready in the form of a mini-jack on the back of the head unit, however there is an additional accessory that is required and you must have the factory SW controls to make it work. The ALP-SWI from PAC (Pacific Audio Corporation) is prewired with the mini plug that directly connects to these SW Ready head units. All that's left is to hard wire the adapter to the SW controls in the vehicle and program the SW buttons to the desired function on the radio...and, yes, it will work w/ the '06 tC!!!

Hope this clarifies thing a bit. [/b]
i'm getting the info from various car audio forums, just do a search on.. say.. sounddomain or any other large forum. You'll see what im talking about, people say the glidetouch gets stuck alot. My friends 9855's face motor also stopped working. Could have just been coincidence, but im worried.

i also hoped for 4v preouts on all models.. but no luck =(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.