Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the northeast got a huge blizzard over the weekend, and aside from awesome skiing conditions, which I took full advantage of, it sucks. I was on the way to work this morning, and the street cleaners did a decent job of clearing the snow. I'm driving on a straightaway, get to about 45 mph, all of a sudden I feel my steering wheel wobble or shake, it was the first time I've ever had this experience. So I slowed down to about 35, the wobble went away. Thinking that it might have been the road, and some bumps or something, I speed up again, and again at 45 mph, the steering wheel begins shaking.

This freaked me the hell out. I'm wondering if any of you have some insight on this. btw, this was after 15 minutes of driving slowly, so I don't think it's the "cold tire syndrome" where the tire is cold and uneven. Although I really have no clue. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
That would freak me the hell out too. Little experience with cold weather here, so I couldn't give you any useful information (as usual). I hope you get it straightened out, though.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Could be snow built up in the wheel wells, or on the wheels themselves. It'll cause a bit of a wobble. Be sure to knock the stuff outta there if you want smooth driving. Of course I've never felt the experience myself, but I have heard others say the same thing.

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
What Labfish said. Snow, melted, froze to ice on the bottom inside of the wheel - caused imbalance. And looks like there is a big chunk of ice there - cause otherwise the wobble would come in at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, I thought it might be something more serious. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know if it helps after my commute home. And Marty, as always, thanks for trying. =c)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup, did the trick, no more steering wheel wobble, ahhh....the good ol' days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.