Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a Scion security system installed on my 2006 tC. I was a little upset to find that the control buttons for the stereo on the steering wheel stopped working after the installation. Toyota service people told me that the factory alarm system were not designed to work with the steering wheel buttons ( they can either connect the alarm system or the buttons but not both) so the bottons will be useless until they come out with a way around it. Anyone know more about this issue???

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
WTF?!!! Go back and tell them they are idiots. If they don't fix it, call Scion Corporate. QUOTE
Call the Scion Customer Experience at 1.866.70.SCION Monday through Friday from 5am to 6pm and Saturday 7am to 4pm PST.[/b]

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Does your aux-in still work? If not - they unplugged one of the connectors on the back of the HU. If yes - they unplugged the steering wheel audio controls harness under the dash. Either way I don't see a reason why it would be mutually exclusive with the Scion alarm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.