Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I don't know if all tC's are like this or i'm just not used to driving a car. I used to have Silverado so i'm still new to the whole car thing. Anyways, while i'm driving around town and not going to fast I don't notice this but for some reason every time I go onto the freeway and driving like 70+ my steering seems to get real jerky. It seems that I have to hold the steering wheel pretty tight or else its just going to go out of control. Hopefully all cars do this and its not just me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
How "hard" is the jerking?

I use to drive Honda preludes and their steering was pretty smooth and loose. When I first got the tC two weeks again I do notice that it's a bit more demanding like my ex-ex car 95 civic. It feels more like old fashion electro assist (sp) steering and not the easy-go-lucky power steering.Maybe you are too used to a truck? I can go straight without touching the wheel at 70 or 80mph, if your tc can't, I strongly suggest taking it to the dealer, and let them take a look, or try another tc. If it's not right, ask for a replacement.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
No jerks here. (no pun intended
) Could it be the alignment? Like what shifter said, since your tC is fairly new and if it does that already, you should take it to the dealer and have them check it out or even get a replacement.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by Halewafa@Aug 19 2005, 04:36 PM
Well, I don't know if all tC's are like this or i'm just not used to driving a car. I used to have Silverado so i'm still new to the whole car thing. Anyways, while i'm driving around town and not going to fast I don't notice this but for some reason every time I go onto the freeway and driving like 70+ my steering seems to get real jerky. It seems that I have to hold the steering wheel pretty tight or else its just going to go out of control. Hopefully all cars do this and its not just me.
check your air pressure when the tires are cold.. might be the tires have too much air in them, reacting too quickly to the road ruts. cold meaning that the car has sat overnight..

Does the car drive straight and is the steering wheel straight?

if it does (and still let us know if it does or doesnt).. then check the pressures.. I had this before and the tC is very sensitive to air pressure changes since they are low profile tires..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah check the pressure for sure, mine jerks a bit but that has to do with the burnt out tires and the massive cupping, (I received them in this condition, as I bout them used) but before I put the other set on It was smooth with no problems, its under warranty just go have it checked out just incase, it doesn't cost you anything.

~Ben~

·
Registered
106 Posts
if its new its prob the tire pressure... they are delivered with tooo much air and sometimes dealers forget to take out the excess air.... hopefully thats all the problem is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.