Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so after work today, I go to start my car up and it gives this long "rewrewrewrwerwrewrwerew Vrooom" then finally starts, usually ijsut turnt he key and it gives a little "rew Vroom" but this time it was really long, so I was kinda concerned so i turned off the car agian and tried starting it again, it took longer then usual butnot as long as the first time..so I drive home and then i turn off my car and start it up again, Then its back to normal. Could the temperature have anyhting to do with this? Today has probably beent he coolest day since i got my tC (about 2 months ago) its brand new i dont htink my battery is dying or my engine. What do you guys think it is? Oh and last night i kinda raced my friend, but I diddn't really rev too high, about 4.5k to 5k RPMs at the most..Could this have anyhting to do with it? Thanks guys..

Eric

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it couldn't of been that right? I hopeits just like the cold temp.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Oct 8 2005, 06:39 PM
Could the temperature have anyhting to do with this? Today has probably beent he coolest day since i got my tC
Bingo.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks jake. no worries now

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, what kind of car is that?

Hey guys can u give me some launching tips? Like after i let go of the clutch do i like hit the gas or what? and when do i shift like at 4k? 5k? 6k? ahh thats pretty high isnt it? is it differeny shifting points at different gears?

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Read this topic for tips on launching. Since you are new I would like to let you know that you should always try a search for the answer to whatever question you may have. There is a really good chance we already answered it.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry jake, i'll do it next time, ive seen you get on people for that :] Thanks for the link.

Dave , my dad has a cr-v haha yeah those cars are pretty cool, nice to cruise around in and relax, haha do they come in manual?

GotC: yeah i shift around 3k to 3.5k normal driving..i was talkin about liek racing after launching ya know?

Thanks guys for answering my questions

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Heh.. When i'm accelerating quickly i can get up almost to the redline...

I have noticed that when I start the car and it's cool or cold, the idle-revs are higher than normal... around 1500 rpm.... then it settles down back to normal 750 rpm idle

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha i don't know. My car jumps a lot in the morning, probably because it revs higher eh..? haha I raced like an 89-90 honda prelude tonight with a fat ass Fart CAnon bolted on.. haha it was a big guy in that poor tiny little car. Kept revving me up, I wasn't even launching and still was smokeing him off the line..and so on. We were driving probably around 80ish (was late, no people, well very few people, no cops around..) but anyway a car changes lanes infront of me so i have to slow down and his farty @$$ zooms by me and then putso n his hazards ..haha so when i finally catch up to him and stop at a light we both launch and as usual i Smoke him by like 10 cars. Then the next light comes a couple blocks later..and im revvin high and then turns green, he turns right and i peel out like an idiot. Haha i felt stupid but i was proud I can pick on little farty hondas. I wonder what else i can take..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yeah, I think it does that to warm up...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys.. And Lance..hmm I dont quite understand your dyno chart you put up..well I kind of do..but im not sure if i do..so your saying in 1-2 shift before redline or at redline? and 2-3 not clear either..hmm maybe im just an idiot, but i'm tired and just wrote 2 essays.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Redline shift 1 - 2, 2 - 3, and 3 - 4. Only the 4 - 5 shift should be done at 6k.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 9 2005, 11:33 PM
Redline shift 1 - 2, 2 - 3, and 3 - 4. Only the 4 - 5 shift should be done at 6k.
Thanks Lance, is it true the tC's redline is at about 6.2k RMPs?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.