Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my clutch is making these squeaky noises (and no Zoltiz, I didn't kidnap your rat). Seriously though, the SAME THING was happening with my Honda Civic, and I took it in and they had to replace the clutch housing (at 19k miles, tech said this usually happens around 60k) . Jeez, I'm not that hard on my clutch.

So, do you all think I should just take it in, or have you experienced this?

Maybe it's all this stupid rain we're having here in CA. lol. I noticed it started after another bout of heavy rain here.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I'm noticing a squeaky myself, but I can't figure out what it is. At first I thought it was the seat brackets, then the pedals. Now I don't know what it is. Its slight, but of course I notice these things.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I only hear a squeak when it's been raining and my shoes are wet...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Wolo+Mar 10 2005, 07:19 PM-->QUOTE (Wolo @ Mar 10 2005, 07:19 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Mar 10 2005, 07:21 PM
Check the radio cover Wo.
That would suck if I'm developing the hated radio cover noise. [/b]
Okay, I actually might have that. As I shift, I hear this slight squeak, up near my dash. We're having squeaky radio cover issues?

As for the other squeak, I know it's the clutch, cuz I'd sit at the light and play with the clutch while I'm not moving. And all I hear is slight squaking at times.

And no....it's not my wet shoes, cuz it squeaks in dry weather.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Supras do this where the slave cylinder push rod meets the fork. A little dab of grease and all is quiet again. It wouldn't suprise me if this is something similar, or possibly the pivot bushing on the pedal. I've had that happen too, but neither of those things should happen on a car this new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.