Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

ASIA SPY BY BEN STEWART

Scion of the Times
This is the next Toyota Corolla slated for the European market. The States� current Corolla won�t be replaced for years, and when it is, it won�t share any of the bodywork of this car. However, a new five-door hatchback with a sporty European-tuned suspension like this car would make a perfect Scion.

*stolen from http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Looks like it's got the tC front stylings and a 4 door hatch.... nice.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ hold the presses, marty doesnt like something.

this is my line of thought. it may be way off, but i have it all the same. the Yaris is coming, but it is smaller and rolls on the echo platform. it will only be in the states in a two door hatch, leaving the xA as the subcompact version of the matrix for now. assuming the xA has to leave our line at some point, and the following vehicle will need to be of similar design, something like what mori posted wouldnt make anything but sense as a follow-on to the xA. and i for one, while not interested in driving one, would be happy to sell the f#ck out of it. because people will buy it.
whether marty wants them to or not.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
o/t : " i'd sleep with your mom." this gets old like 18 year old [edit] [/edit].

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It's nothing personal, d; I just don't like station wagons, no matter what a company chooses to call them

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
the Evo X on that link is s-s-sick! i saw a lame spy shot earlier but now seeing the full body?! Me Wants!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
It does, although that hadn't occurred to me. I just think it looks like a silly little rally car. It looks a lot better than the WRX STi, but then again so do 90% of new cars out there.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sure. Until you pull up next to a C6 Corvette. The plain jane one will smoke any stock EVO, even the next gen US model. You don't want to think about how sad it would look against a Z06. Not to mention, there are about 10 rumored cars for 2006/2007 that will leave any EVO for dead from a cross-section of manufacturers (maybe even Toyota!).

And God help you if you ever autocross the EVO and then take it in for warranty work. MMC is watching SCCA results like a hawk and limiting warranties on cars involved in any kind of competition. I seriously considered an EVO VIII last year, but after going to their board and seeing what MMC is doing with warranties, I decided it wasn't worth it. One track day, good bye warranty.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.