Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to install trd springs? what tools do i need so i can do it myself. Is it hard? does it take time? If someone can answer me these question i will highly appericate it. Thankz.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If you search the site you can find a plethora of information about all sorts of spring install and issues. You need some basic tools, what you dont have (mainly a spring compressor) you can rent from a local auto parts store. I would also suggest an impact wrench to break the bolts loose. If you are a beginner I would not suggest doing this, but by yourself you could do all 4 springs in about a day if you have good mechanical ability.

Side note: Admin please move this to the suspension section where he can find all of his answers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, thanks for the help guys. I hate paying for labor so I try to do things myself. I live in nj. Its far from where you live

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Good luck with that. Took me 5 hours to do 2 tCs, so about 2.5 hours a piece. No lift, just jackstands, but we did have a compressor. The more you do it - the easier it gets

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I had a lift and a compressor on site. Took me and a buddy about 3 hours to do it. He had done similar jobs on other cars, but this was his first tC.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im going to start thursday, hope it turns out good. ill post up pictues once done

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
there is a write up here for the install, as well as all torque specs pinned. check the info section, and if you have any questions, let me know. after 15 of these or so, i can pretty much walk through it blindfolded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.