Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew the pros and cons between coilovers and lowering springs? Are springs more durable or anything? hmm any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Coilover Pros: Basically springs and shocks in one. Adjustable. Awesome.
Coilover Cons: Needs to be adjusted for highway/city/race use. Expensive.

Springs Pros: Cheaper. For daily use.
Springs Cons: Set drop. Can't be adjusted.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The adjustment stuff is a myth. You can install any of the full suspension solutions, set them to the recommended settings, and have a decent upgrade. If you want to fully exploit the capabilities of the suspension, then you would want to corner weight the car and fix the roll center, and a bunch of other stuff. That is time consuming and expensive, but only makes sense if you plan on competing with the car.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see, thanks. so springs would be the way to go huh?

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really what is their sight URL? I want to see some tien options. Anyone know how much rougher the ride will become after dropping the tC?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Some say you can feel a difference but if you're into suspension you should also get the sways...which I want to do but you know how poor college students are.

I don't have the url but my friend got S-techs on hers recently (haven't settled in yet). They look great, but once settled in I'm afraid of scraping. I might even opt for the TRD springs ...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, im in college too...can't afford really much but I want to drop my car..haha im scare dof scraping as well.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've got s-tech on mine, the ride is a bit stiffer but nothin uncomfortable. The drop is really nice gets ride of a lot of the wheel gap.

·
Registered
113 Posts
How are the roads where you drive though? The roads in Rochester, NY can be pretty crappy in places, and I usually end up having to drive on some of them. By crappy, I mean roads with potholes, lots of filled in cracks, etc. It's really bad in the spring after the roads feel the effects of the large changes in temperature. They are trying to fix them, there's construction everywere, but in the meantime, construction is creating some ugly road conditions itself.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The road conditions where i live are really nice, not too many pot holes dips or anything. occasionally i'll run into some but nothin too bad. How much is install for springs or do you guys do them your selves?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got my springs installed for 60 but that's because it was a friend's shop

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LUCKY ASS.. AT SCION THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE 600 OR 800 BUCKS I FORGET.. YEAH SO I WAS LIKE OK I'LL JUST ORDER THEM LATER. SO HOW MUCH COULD I GET THEM AT A CAR SHOP? whoops sorry for caps. too lazy to go back and change.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
obviously i don't know how to install them myself, or else id have them! someone want to teach me?

·
Registered
224 Posts
check the info section they have directions in there

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.