Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this past weekend I found a small spring on the driver's side floor of my 2005 Scion tC. It may have popped out from something in the car's interior.

I can't seem to find any loose parts of the car that this spring may be from. Can anyone recognize this spring from in the car? I would like to get the warranty to take care of any replacements that I may need, and full warrantly is expiring pretty soon...

Here are a couple of pictures of the spring. its about 1" long and is copper colored with like some black paint on it. Paint does not rub off.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
That is the flux Capacitor tension regulator spring. The only part not covered by the warranty due to and old federal regulation. You can buy a replacement and the kit to install it from your dealer for $297.63. Sorry.

·
Former '05er
12,590 Posts
Take the spring to the dealer and have them fix it. It's a defect, and Scion/Toyco needs to sort it out for you. Nobody here is likely to know about it, and it hasn't come up in the last year or so. Freak problem. Have them fix it, that's what warranty is for!

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Oct 4 2005, 07:59 PM
That is the flux Capacitor tension regulator spring. The only part not covered by the warranty due to and old federal regulation. You can buy a replacement and the kit to install it from your dealer for $297.63. Sorry.

Take the spring to the dealer and have them fix it. It's a defect, and Scion/Toyco needs to sort it out for you. Nobody here is likely to know about it, and it hasn't come up in the last year or so. Freak problem. Have them fix it, that's what warranty is for!

I think lance is right about that one cosidering the Flux Capcitor and all lol we all know that the flux capacitor is only on the 1983 corvette.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Hey, im surprised someone else knows about the 83 vette, i used to work at an auto store and we call O'reilly's and Advanced Auto sometimes when we were bored and ask for parts for 83 vettes, or a water pump for a early 60s bug

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess the dealer will figure that one out. Most likely he will ask"what doesn't work now?" Probably everything seems to now.
It is definitely not the spring that pulls the hood release lever back into position. It is basically the same design..but one end is longer and the other looks like it has a little hook. At least the picture you posted looks different than mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
could it be from the "oh sh!t bar"? when you pull it down does it retract slowly or snap back? Just a guess..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.