Scion tC Forums banner

Sports Springs or Short Shifer

2K views 32 replies 19 participants last post by  alas 
#1 ·
Check the Title
You guys will be deciding whats next for me.
Thats Right post below.

SHORT SHIFTER

OR

SPORTS SPRINGS

See less See more
#6 ·
Florida....I would go for the springs. It handles so much better ....I have the shifter and I like it but the springs make such a huge difference in overall satisfaction...even to the onlookers! Do you still plan on doing both and just want to see which one first??

#10 ·
I don't know how anyone can survive without the TRD springs. There is so much body roll stock I though I was driving my grandma's old skool Buick.

The handling is almost a prefect balance for a daily driver with the TRD springs not too soft not too stiff. Nowonce I burn off the Bridgestone Potenza RE92's that the car came with I can get some tires that actually have traction and the car wiull had more acceptable slalom, skidpad and stopping perfomance. The 2006 tC I saw this weekend at a dealership had low end Yokohama's which should be much better than the Bridgestone Potenza RE92's (which are the worst tires I have ever had on a car) and unfortunately Scion is the only company usingthese as OEM tires I even heard Subaru areputting these in Impreza WRX's what a waste of a good car to put such pathetic tires on it.

#11 ·
tsc - the body roll isn't that bad.. if you really didn't like it, put on the hotchkis or dc sports strut bar.... that'll cut it down too.

#14 ·
This will help me, and probably him as well if he goes for the springs.

Those of you that have them, how much less smooth is it than stock? Thats all that is holding me back. I dont want to lose the ride quality, is it much rougher? When you hit potholes or bumps do you really feel them? or same as stock pretty much?

#16 ·
Springs...The tC feels too high and what do you need a STS for???...youre not going to be racing all the time right???...If youre a good driver (like meeh) hehe then you wouldnt need the STS...springs make you handle a lot better and your car will also look B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-E-R-R-R-R

#21 ·
Originally posted by ALaS@Dec 14 2005, 06:35 PM
if you guys say springs? what kind are the best?
It's mainly about personal preference. Many have gotten TRD springs and love it. D has the Goldlines and he loves it. Some have the Tein S Techs and they love it. For more information and feedback on different springs, try the new Search function that's in flashing red

#22 ·
Originally posted by tscsciontc@Dec 13 2005, 06:17 AM
I don't know how anyone can survive without the TRD springs. There is so much body roll stock I though I was driving my grandma's old skool Buick.
sway bars fix the problem too... i got the sways from hotchkis and they are phenomenal, even on the stock springs & struts (thats one of my next mods is coilovers). i dont notice any major body roll after i installed the bars...

short shifter (twm stage 2 if you want the best..)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.