Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a basic question....

The sport pedals look like they might be a little slippery when wet. I know there are little black nubs that stick up, but does that really help much with the traction? They don't seem to cover much of the pedal, and I generally just use the bottom and far corner of the pedal anyways.

If I decide on the interior lights, I'd like to get the sport pedals too so the light catches on the silver, but if they are at all slippery then I don't want to risk anything.

Thanks much!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Razo or Sparco. I had a set of sparco pedals in my CRX and they rock. A little more expensive and a little harder to install but they rock.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can you put any racing petals on the car????? or do they differ with makes and models?????? Thanks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
you can pretty much fit any pedal on any car. they just use clips to sanwhich the factory on inbetween some clips. EXCEPT the sparco pedals. They actually require you to drill holes in the factory pedal and bolt the on. Also be carfull with anything thats too big. the pedals in this car are really close together. at least closer than i am use too.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by C!ph3r@Jul 17 2004, 08:33 AM
EXCEPT the sparco pedals. They actually require you to drill holes in the factory pedal and bolt the on.
OK that sucks....I need something thats "reversible," 'cause I tend to change my mind alot. I'd hate to get the pedals and like them for a year, them want to take them off and have to fork out cash to get the factory pedals looking right again.

·
Registered
619 Posts
i tend to be the same way LoopyLady_1 but to be honest by the time the newness of the pedals wheres off, you will most likely have forgotton you ever changed them. At least i did. Oh well. I have found pedals that are all metal are very slippery when wet. Make sure if you get a set that they have rubber inserts, because if not, there is only form and no function. Thats why i am not bothering changing mine out. I have been down that road enough times in the past so now there is no purpose other than looks. I would rather put that money towards go go parts. Dont let me sway you though. They are great and this is just MO. i say go for it but if you do go for both form and function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts