Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking around cardomain.com and i saw this website on the homepage. it for sponsorship for your car. it looks kind of suspicious because it sounds too easy. just sign up and there is a good chance that you are guaranteed at least one sponsor. anyway, what do you think?

http://www.carsponsorships.com/index.html

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
I'm actually glad someone asked... do a search on http://www.carsponsors.com for more information on companies like these...

Basically, you'd be paying around $80 to get some decals from decalkits.com and a catalog from houseofboom.com - their stuff has a major markup, so your "discount" will still keep the prices higher than you can find elsewhere... I'd definitely pass on carsponsorships.com.

Also, keep in mind that a lot of people who contact them after they've paid, never hear back... I wouldn't call it a scam, because you may technically get what they offer, but you don't get much for your money & you should never have to pay for a sponsorship!

Companies like that prey on people who are new to the industry. I wouldn't trust a site that promotes them either, as they're in it for the kickback & they either don't care about you, or they haven't done the research in order to protect you... That's why I would never promote something like that here

·
Registered
228 Posts
like Eric said, do a search...

that's what i always do when some stupid ppl from the office forward me emails with some incredible offers and ask what i think.. a do a search and send them a link where it explains how does the scam work...

google rulez

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow i had no idea that it was a well enough known "scam" (i use the term lightly becasue of what Eric said, but i had no other word in mind). i also thought it was free to sign up. hmm... maybe i missed that part. interesting though.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
That's lame, I can't even respond that post... I've replied to others on ScionLife who have asked about these types of companies... Best thing to do, for anyone who does have access, is to refer them to http://www.CarSponsors.com so they can read stories from people who have real sponsorship experience... or they can be referred to this thread... I can't do it myself though

I really hate to see people get screwed like this... I wish they'd do research and find out that everyone gets accepted, as long as they pay the ridiculous fee, and they're not getting much for their money. It's not even a real sponsorship! You're getting decals, but I'm pretty sure there's a limit they don't tell you about... and a so-called discount on overpriced car audio gear...
You have to work for sponsorships... CarSponsors.com is a forum devoted to helping people learn about the industry and prepare people to be seen by potential sponsors. Unfortunately, the site gets a lot of people w/ near-stock rides thinking that if they post "I want a sponsorship", they'll get one... it's not that easy. If you are interested in having a working relationship with a company that's willing to sponsor your ride, you have to be worthy and committed... There's a ton of information posted there by people who have been in this for years & most of them will tell you that there's no easy or sure way to get sponsored, like going through one of these companies... A lot of it is luck, being in the right place at the right time, or having connections. There are members who have gotten sposnorships directly through CarSponsors.com - please remember that it's not associated with CarSponsorships.com in any way.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by moriarty@Oct 19 2004, 01:55 PM
^^^ i wish i knew how to read.

so do i....

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wolo is going to sponsor me because, as we all know, he is loaded.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts