Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if it would be possible to splice the cigarette light in our cars to still have the lighter hooked up and have it spliced to another couple of cigarette light adapters.

I want to put my sharper image ionic breezer in my car to make it really fresh inside the cabin. So anyhow it takes a cigarette lighter to run it and I wanted to know if it could be split.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Heh. I have a 12V under my dash for the PocketPC GPS thingy. Did this to 2 other tC's.

This Ionic Breeze should be in the middle of the car - I would probably put it somewhere behind the center console - in front of the rear seats - making it look nice is another story - can probably create a new 12V outlet right in the back of the center console. It will require a little bit of work, but will work for you Breeze and if people in the back need the 12V.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Yes you can splice more outlets into the cigarette lighter and they will all work as long as you don't exceed the amperage of the fuse for the circuit.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent isn't there a cigarette lighter underneath the center console? Yeah it would be clean to put it underneath there. I am also thinking multi-purpose applications. Like radar etc. Don't like all those cords running around. being seen

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ohh no I work for Sharper Image i Fix those Car/Desktop Ionic Breeze. The model should be 710. Those are pain in teh ass to fix. BTW good look with yours I hope it doesnt brake, cuz i'm going to have to gix it LOL just jk...

·
Registered
18 Posts
A place like Radio Shack or Wal-Mart or most places that sell auto electronics or parts should have a solid 3 into 1 solid adapter (no wires). 1 plug to 3 sockets, so you'll gain 2 extra. Like lo bux said, just make sure you don't exceed the amperage of the lighter fuse (usually 10 amps in cars).

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by goldenchild@Mar 5 2005, 06:47 AM
couldn't you just up the amps or not?
Not. I am assuming you are referring to upping the amp value of the fuse. Maybe a bad assumption. The wiring gauge is the limiting factor as well. The entire circuit wiring may have to be replaced as well...with a larger (smaller number) wire. Otherwise you may have a meltdown..not good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.