Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how this happened so fast, and i've never had any accidents/weird things happen, but i did something incredibly stupid..

I was taking a different way home tonight from work, and i'm in the passing lane, and all of a sudden, something or other comes up along side me and wont let me over so i can get off at my exit. well, i drop it back in 4th and get by whatever it was, only to notice my exit at the last second, and i go for it (at about 100mph.. it all happened so fast i think it was reading 100), and i've never went into a corner so fast in my life, the back end broke, the ABS light kicked on, and i'm on the brakes, trying to stop the car... no success, and i'm in a grassy ditch. car stalled... i didnt hit anything though, and there were no cars around at all..... luckily it was just an exit ramp.. my god i cant believe i did that. call me a god damn idiot, i deserve it

i feel like i shouldnt have a car with even as much power as the tc has. i swear it might get me killed doign something ridiculous one day.

now i know why my insurrance is as high as it is. and damn, i could barely drive home, so damn shaken up over this. btw, i got out of the ditch.. it was steep as hell too. i climbed out, turned the hazards on, made sure no other cars were pulled over or anything, then i checked my car.. the underside seems fine, the tires are ok, no scratches or anything. phew. but god damn, so i guess the abs helped? i didnt do a 360, i just felt the back end break, and then i just sort of went sideways into a ditch. i never want to do that again

wow.. call me a noob, whatever.. again, i deserve it. i was retarded. ugh

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Glad to hear you're okay, man. It's okay. We all make mistakes, but not many, like yourself, will admit to them. I just hope you've learned something about your/the car's limits.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, thnx guys

I just took my car down the street to a pontiac dealer who has lights that mimic the sun around their lot to check out my car. Thank god there is nothing visibly wrong. i checked underneath too, no leaks or drips.. and i'm pretty sure all i hit was grass.. i'll know for sure tomorrow morning.

but yeah, i had to tell someone.... cant keep $hit like that bottled up.

just be carefull guys.... i swear, when i was spinning out of control, i thought it was a dream for a split second, like, holy crap, this cant be happening.. but it was. god damn. thank GOD the roads were dry.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
glad you're okay.... and it seems you have learned your lesson... and that makes you a better person in the end

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hate it when people drive up next to me, and, well, stays there. What were they thinking anyway, blocking off people the right to change lane?

Good to hear that nothing seriously damaging happened. This kind of things will make you into a better driver; you will be aware of the potiential risk that going over a certain speed will bring. It's not even funny. I have been driving slower and staying out of the passing lane when I am not in a hurry as I understand the possibilities of danger when you are hurling 3000lbs of metal at 70mph+. When I get vans or rice rockets trying to race me I just ignore them (their cars usually suck anyway, they have no right to even think about challenging others because they are driving a riced out worthless scrap).

Sometimes all it needs is just a little thing and you'll lost everything... glad to hear you are alright!!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Borisimo@Sep 21 2005, 10:29 AM
I know this may sound like a noob question, but what do you mean by "your back end broke" ?
It means the back wheels lost traction and began to fish tail.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken+Sep 21 2005, 07:46 AM-->QUOTE (Plissken @ Sep 21 2005, 07:46 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Borisimo
@Sep 21 2005, 10:29 AM
I know this may sound like a noob question, but what do you mean by "your back end broke" ?
It means the back wheels lost traction and began to fish tail. [/b]
Thanks for explaining, all these stories of fishtailing are scaring me

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by Borisimo+Sep 21 2005, 10:52 AM-->QUOTE (Borisimo @ Sep 21 2005, 10:52 AM)
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2005, 07:46 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Borisimo
@Sep 21 2005, 10:29 AM

It means the back wheels lost traction and began to fish tail.
Thanks for explaining, all these stories of fishtailing are scaring me
[/b]
This was, and he admitted so, clearly driver error.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you again guys, at least you guys make me feel better..

But yeah, it was my fault, and if something had happened I'd have taken responsibility for whatever did. I will never do anything that dumb again.

And what I meant by when I said my back end broke, was the back wheels came around clockwise to the side, and i went sideways into a ditch.......

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I've done that a couple times.... in my old '91 Taurus with bald rear tires and wet pavement (Took a >90° turn at a little higher speed than normal), and with my '95 Jetta with (again) bald rear tires and snow!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Sounds like a performance driving school would be a good investment for you. Seriously. Knowing exactly what the limits are, and knowing what to do when you exceed those limits are the hallmark of a good driver. Thanks for sharing your scare, and it's really fortunate you didn't injure yourself, anyone else, or your car.

We've all done stupid stuff, and thankfully everyone here has lived to tell.

But I really mean it, if you want to be safe on the road, take a course at a performance driving school. There is no mod you can make to any car that pays off as much as driver education.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 21 2005, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a performance driving school would be a good investment for you. Seriously. Knowing exactly what the limits are, and knowing what to do when you exceed those limits are the hallmark of a good driver. Thanks for sharing your scare, and it's really fortunate you didn't injure yourself, anyone else, or your car.

We've all done stupid stuff, and thankfully everyone here has lived to tell.

But I really mean it, if you want to be safe on the road, take a course at a performance driving school. There is no mod you can make to any car that pays off as much as driver education.
I agree ^^

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.