Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been looking for some 6.5" speakers for my tC. im lookin for something with about 250-300 watts. i know infinity is good, and i was looking at some polk audio speakers. any recommendations for good loud, clear speakers?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
250-300 Watts Max? Cause RMS wise thats alot of speaker and I am not sure those exist. I mean audiobahn has some high wattage speakers but nothing in the 250-300 range and I wouldn't recommend them.

I would go with like infinity, kicker, JBL, Polk, etc.

Still I am not sure that 6.5" speakers exist in the 250-300 Watt RMS range, maybe an exadurated max or something.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im talking max, ive seen 6.5" that say they can hit 260 and 270 watt peaks. wut speakers would go good with 2 MA audio X2 12"s subs
(3000rms total). i have one sub now in a big ported box and stock speakers (160watts) and the bass get so loud it over rides the speakers and u cant hear music, just bass.

here are one pair of speakers im looking at: 260watt max
http://www.millionbuy.com/piotsa1681r.html

·
Registered
515 Posts
I would say Infinity just because your going to have a lot of bass and infinity's put out a good clear sound high and mids. If you get that HK2000D amp it comes with a remote gain so you can turn the bass down too from inside the car.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
well what you really want to look at is RMS, when it all comes down to it thats all that matters cause peak is just for a nanosecond, doesn't last but a second and most speaker don't have to be 1000 peak to be good. I would say a good 80 Watts RMS speaker inside the cabin would be perfect, so infinity or jbl has my vote on this one, I have kickers but not running 80 watts rms, more like 30.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I would most likely go with the infinities if you want good clean sound coming out of them, I have never hear polks but I think that have some relation to sony in some way...not sure but I would go with infinity

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Polk makes an excellent driver-- they're just another underrated brand that gets overlooked while everyone buys "bigger" names.

As always, I'll recommend CDTs. They have a driver line in everyone's price range, from $60 for a CL6x 6.5" coax, to $1100 a pair Eurodesign braxials. I have the CL-61 components in front and the CL6x coaxes in the back. Absolutely could not be happier with them.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Isotope@May 4 2005, 08:46 AM
Polk makes an excellent driver-- they're just another underrated brand that gets overlooked while everyone buys "bigger" names.

As always, I'll recommend CDTs. They have a driver line in everyone's price range, from $60 for a CL6x 6.5" coax, to $1100 a pair Eurodesign braxials. I have the CL-61 components in front and the CL6x coaxes in the back. Absolutely could not be happier with them.
Where could a person pick some of these up

·
Registered
453 Posts
mb quart is sexy.....if u want to spend a bit more

·
Registered
1 Posts
the speakers that come to mind for clarity and power are:

Focal Audio: Utopia and Focal 165K2P line

MB Quart QSD line

These will both hit your wallet, but when it comes to components you get what you pay for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.