Scion tC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you wanting a little more from your tC's audio system, you may have had some trouble finding some of the parts required to upgrade your system at an affordable price. I have had some requests for these hard to find tC audio items and have made them readily available to YSTC members:

Front Speaker Kits are a 1" spacer ring to fit a 6-1/2" speaker for $30/pr

Rear Speaker Kits are a 1/2" spacer ring to fit either a 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" speaker (please specify size at time of order) and allow room for most tweeters to fit flush with no bulging of the panel for $25/pr

All spacer plates are built from MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard). They are hand routered and assembled, painted black and pre-drilled for the OEM mounting location. They will not resonate or vibrate like the cheap plastic kits do. Very clean look and a perfect fit!

Add-n-Amp Harnesses ON SALE, now just $40 Shipped!!!

Add-N-Amp Harnesses will plug into your stock radio, giving you an RCA preout and an amp turn on lead to run a sub amp from your stock tC deck. Will also work with most late model Toyota vehicles. This is similar to the harness that is available at eBay, but at a more reasonable price, just $40/ea

Buy all 3 and save $5!!! Just $90 for the complete set!

All items will be built-to-order, please allow up to 1 week to ship.

All prices INCLUDE USPS First Class or Parcel Post with Delivery Confirmation

PayPal your orders to:

[email protected]

Please include qty, front or rear description, size for rear speaker plates, your YSTC member name and mailing address with your order.

Front Spacer Top View

Front Spacer Side View

Front Spacer Pair

Rear Spacer Top View

Rear Spacer Side View

Rear Spacer Pair

NEW!!! Harness Pics!!!

There are two versions of the Add-N-Amp harness. One uses the power/front speaker main harness with the amp turn on lead pre-wired. The other uses the rear speaker harness and adds a wire to insert into the factory main harness for your amp turn on lead. There is essentially no difference in sound quality between the two harnesses. They will both perform equally as well. You may specify which harness you would like, but I cannot guaranty that I can fulfill your request. The following pictures will describe both harnesses.

NOTE: Actual product may vary slightly from the following photos depending on parts availability and procurement.

Power/Front Speaker Main Harness, Amp Turn On Lead Pre-wired (NEW Fixed-Level LOC)

Rear Speaker Harness w/ Amp Turn On Lead To Connect To Factory Main Harness

Factory Main Harness w/ Empty Pin (Amp Remote Output)

Insert Pre-crimped Wire From Add-N-Amp Harness Snaps Into Factory Main Harness
NOTE: Wire Can Only Be Inserted One Way...DO NOT FORCE!!!
If It Doesn't Fit, Try Turning It Around.

Amp Turn On Wire Properly Inserted Into Factory Main Harness.

I currently have only rear harnesses ready to ship. Front harnesses will not be available until the rears are sold out and parts are reordered so please do not specify front harnesses unless you are willing to wait about two to three weeks to fulfill your order.

Any questions, please email or PM me

Thanx,
Greg

·
Registered
346 Posts
these still fit behind the stock plastic covers?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, no problem! I have them in my tC. The fronts are a perfect fit and couple to the door very nicely for the best bass response. The rears are about 1/2" from the panel, allowing for most coax tweeters to fit nicely.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought these from Greg and they work great. Few things for any inquiring minds.

1. They do not fit Focal speakers but can easily be ground down to fit...not a big deal and I still recommend them if you plan on using Focal Speakers.

2. Ok so I'll be this first idiot to post this obvious fact but let's just say someone else can learn from my stupidity...drill a pilot hole a little smaller than the mounting screw you plan to use for your speakers. I fixed it but trust me you need a little material out to make room for the screw. I figured I'd get a real snug fit without the pilot hole...but you get the point.

I hope this is helps someone out.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for the endorsement. I'm glad you were able to so easily modify them to make them fit the Focals. I'm sure it was just some very minor filing or sanding to get them to fit. Send me the Focal specs and I'll see if I can make some modifications in my design for the future.

I did not pre drill the mounting holes for the speaker itself to the adapter because it may vary depending on the brand/size of speaker you put in it. But you are correct, you should make 1/8" pilot holes to mount the speakersto the spacer ring. If you try to shoot a screw directly into MDF w/o a pilot hole it won't be too pretty and it may even strip out of the wood.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
how long are you going to be selling these? I would think as long as there is demand but not sure, I will upgrade my speakers in about a month or so after I get my new head unit...thanks and they look awesome!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm building a few kits at a time to keep up w/ orders, but they are easy enough to build-to-order just in case orders slow down. No big hurry, just place your order when you're ready.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't want to asume, but Alpman, I'm thinking you have alpine speakers. I searched on crutchfield and it said that the Alpine SPS-170A 6-1/2"/6-3/4" 2-way Car Speakers would not fit. I'd like to get alpines cause I'm getting an alpine HU but wasn't sure what to do. Any insight would be great. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by xoalvinox@Sep 26 2005, 09:06 PM
Alpman,

Are the spacer kits still available?
I would like to purchase a set for the front and rear.
Just to be on the safe side....will these fit with your spacer kits?
Front: 6.5 Kappa component set Link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6wPuCDEuZ0T/c...=410&I=108607CS
Rear: 6.5 Kappa 3-ways Link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6wPuCDEuZ0T/c...52000&I=108637I
Ya, those will fit just fine! Place your order this weekend and I'll ship them out on Tuesday.

Alpman

Will these spacers interfere with the door panel?[/b]
No, they were designed to work w/o any modification to the car. No cutting/grinding required and they fit perfect behind the door/rear side panels. And the line up with the factory holes for mounting. Once you drill out the rivets in the front doors you will have to use some 10mm bolts/washers & nots to secure them, but they do line up!! The stock rear bolts will have to be replaced with longer ones due to the thickness of the spacer, but they will line up too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Do the front spacers have to be 1". or can they be just 3/4"??????

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1" is the proper depth in order for the replacement speaker to couple to the door panel correctly. You could use 3/4" but there would be a gap between the speaker and the panel which could cause some backwave cancellation, reducing some mid-bass output.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by Alpman@Oct 6 2005, 12:48 PM
1" is the proper depth in order for the replacement speaker to couple to the door panel correctly. You could use 3/4" but there would be a gap between the speaker and the panel which could cause some backwave cancellation, reducing some mid-bass output.
Oh. I see. I thought the 1" was for the clearance issue with the window rolled down. thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alpman,
I noticed that my factory harness has an open spot on the connector where yours has the remote on for the amp (wire is labeled that at least)...is that wired in some other fashion?
Maybe I am looking at the connectors wrong or your harness is pulling that remote signal in some other way.

TIA for the enlightenment....and for making this harness possible.

I am in the middle of my install...if you want to see the damage so far check out my car pictures at http://smckenzie.smugmug.com/gallery/932200

Other questions I have I will post elsewhere in the audio thread.
Thanks

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You are absolutely correct. That "open spot" on the factory connector is the amp turn on output. The factory radio provides the output, but the factory system doesn't use it, so there is no wire on the harness. The aftermarket harness allows us to use this output for aftermerket amps. Pretty cool, huh!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got the spacers and harness, thanks. Silly silly question, but the glued on ring on the front spacer i would imagine retained the speaker, while the "triangular" shaped piece buts up against the door? Either way, the cut out for the speaker is a bit too small for JL XR series 6.5" speakers. I will get the dimensions to you for any future reference you may need.

FYI the woofer mounting hole (sounds dirty) looks to be about 5-3/4"
The hole in the ring looks to be about 5-9/16"

Nothing a router won't make quick work of.
Is that just flat black spray paint?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.