Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got my car dynamatted and my 2 amps installed in the spare tire well or hole/trunk w/e u want to call it, my first problem is now there is no spare tire or styrafoam in the back to hold up the cover that goes over the spare tire well, any ideas on how to fix this? i took some wire and connected it to the hooks in the back and forms an x and it supports the cover better but not all that steady, but thats only temporary. now i know i could put some boards accross to hold it up but does anyone have any "Creative" ideas on what to do to keep it up?

do you think the amps will over heat bein under that cover?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Put your spare tire back in man. You'll need it someday, and you know it will be in a rainstorm or a 110 degree afternoon. I have seen many neat designs that go on top of the mat. Check out the pic forum for ideas. Or if you don't care throw a couple of beer case boxes in the space. Also your pretty close to the road that might get a little hot down there near the pavement with no ventilation for thoughs amps.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I agree, i would never go anywhere without a spare and a jack for that matter. Put that stuff back in, you have plenty of room else where in the car to get those amps in there. I have one amp under the styrofoam area on the right with a stinger 12V fan to keep it cool, and im putting another up under the front passenger seat. THat way I keep my storage space. Just start over man. Ill have pics of my install under the rear right section of that mat up on here next week, keep an eye out for them or check out some of the other installs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what i have done right now is i took out the little amp rack that was in the tire well and folded the back seats down and set it on there and took out the whell well cover and set the subs directly in there. not the greatest lookin but its only temporary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.