Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked put an Eclipse 2454 head unit the other day and now I'm contemplating picking up some CDT components and rear fills...

Specifically I'm looking at...

Components - CDT CL-62
Woofers - CDT CL-6E
AMP - USAmps IS-4085

One of my buddies is a big car audio buff and is constantly singing the praises of CDT speakers... What do you guys think?

ALSO, Am I going to need a fit kit for the speakers (ala Alpman..)??? Thanks in advance, i'll make sure to post some pics of the install...

· Registered
4 Posts
you won't be dissapointed at all. don't know much on the CL line but i do own a set of the EF-61CF comps. with the 560 x-overs. imaging is astounding (deadened doors stock locations), wonderful midbass, very smooth sounding blend between mid and tweets (never harsh just warm rich sound), and they have to be one of the best built set of speakers that i have ever run across.

they are rated at 140w but have no problem sounding good at 60w per, though they did sound a bit better at 125 (RIP KX500.2 until i get it repaired). and yes you will need alpmans spacer kit unless you have the tools to make your own.

i know my basic review here is on the EF line but judging from what i have read and heard about the CL line and others, you can't really go wrong with CDT at all. i highly doubt that the CL's will be much different from any aspect. i just chcose the EF's for the sole reason that they were on sale (authorized) for $239 down from $399 at the time and i could actually get them factory authorized from this here interweb thingy.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice, thanks for the replies. We'll, I'm definetly going to pick up those CDT's.... I'll let you guys know how everything comes out.

Now I've just got to decide if I'm going to install them myself... I'm a bit worried about drilling out the rivets....

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Oh they rivets are easy, i was just in Chi-Town last weekend at the auto show, i would have stopped by and helped ya. Basically just find a drill bit a tad larger than the rivet and drill through it. It just glides right through the rivet. Took about 10 minutes per side, taking my time.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
My dad got the CDT EF61s for his 2.5GT after I decided to do JBL instead in my car and I think his system sounds better than mine at low to moderate playback levels--much flatter response, more natural sound and sweeter highs. The only thing is that his system thins out when you crank it up whereas mine just gets louder but sounds the same. I think his problem is not the speakers but the fact he's using the stock head unit without something like that JL box that flattens out the factory head unit's response (I forget the name of the device).

-Ed

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by EddieMoney@Feb 20 2006, 12:09 PM
Oh they rivets are easy, i was just in Chi-Town last weekend at the auto show, i would have stopped by and helped ya.  Basically just find a drill bit a tad larger than the rivet and drill through it.  It just glides right through the rivet.  Took about 10 minutes per side, taking my time.
Yeah, I would have appreciated the help... I've just got to find a heated garage to do this in... last saturday the low was -8.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update, phase one of my project is done with. I had the AVN 2454 installed at Pro Sounds in Chicago. It ended up costing me 150 bucks which was the cheapest I found in the Chicagoland area. You've gotta love a store with steel gates covering all of the windows that requires clients to be buzzed in at all times during the day...

But I digress, anyways, I know it was asked before someplace on the forum and never answered. ALL of the steering wheel controls work, volume, tunning/track changing/ and the mode button. I'll take a picture when I get a chance...

As others have mentioned before, there is a little room on the side that i'll probably fill in with some black foam or something to make it look a little more stock. Other then that I'm very happy with the unit...

My CDT's should get here soon, and as soon as the weather permits, i'll be gutting the insides of my TC, dropping in the speakers and amplification...

Anyone know if 200 is a good price on an USAMPs IS-4085? Anyone eve heard of USAmps? Supposidly they are underrated....

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE:

I just received my amp, cables, and my speakers are sitting in my room waiting to be installed. I ended up going with a US Amps Xterminator 1600.4, which to my knowledge isn't even out yet. I ended up buying it from the owners nephew... I'll make sure to toss up some pictures of the Amp and the install.

Quick Question: How long should I budget to get this install done? I'm working with two friends who are fairly knowledgeable w/ car audio, but neither of them have ever tore down a Scion TC before.

How long did it take you guys for your install? Any advice? Thanks in advance...

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This amp is an oddity at the moment, the new US Amps line. I'm a big fan of it's styling, simple, serious looking, and will match my BSP TC perfectly. Now if I just don't f-up the install...

Anyways, here's the new US Amps XT1600.4 - Exterminator

Note the 28 lb cat laying on the floor... Matchs the amp, weighs about 10 lbs more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.