Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it'll probably be a little while before most of us actually GET our cars but, once we do, where should we think about meeting up? There's a HUGE area of the country covered with this NorthEast group....

Maybe we should figure out who'd actually be interested in doing a meet and find the most convenient state for the majority of that group.

SO, I'll be interested once I have my car. Anyone else?

Edit:: Oh yeah, Virginia here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would love to meet up oncei get my car, should be here anywhere from tonight to monday....

North jersey here 10 minutes from NYC

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well.....

So far it looks like I have a road trip ahead of me, and we've got a 4-person party to plan!

·
Registered
282 Posts
come to OHIO! i am getting my scion this weekend (if it comes on time)
and dont see any other scions on the roads here not even the other two models xa xb ab bx ax whatever the heck they are called, i didnt even like the way it looked when they first came out.
i have been searching for the car that fits me and my boyfriend told me about the scion tC, showed me the pics online earlier this year before it came out, i am like no freakin way i am going to get a scion after seeing those boxy things, honestly no offense to anyone who owns those models. If it fits you, then its you. thats all it matters!

so anyways, i drove by a dealership last month and saw a tC out on the lot, i am like "is that it???" i swear the pics on the scion site does not do it....you just have to see it for yourself! I fell in love with it when i saw it in black cherry pearl. *sigh* i decided that maybe i am not ready for a new car yet....maybe its not the one i was searching for.

2 Weekends ago, my boyfriend and i were out and about, drove by the same lot and there was the sold ticket on the black cherry and a white tC available. We checked it out for real this time, i completely fell in love w. the car. That dealer said it would be 6 weeks before a 5sp BCP comes in, so we called around and there's one coming in less than a week. went ahead signed the papers (private finacing which got me a much better deal than toyota ever could!) hopefully its not a mistake signing the papers before the car even comes in.
I am getting the car stock...just floor mats nothing else....i can always order the parts later why spent the interest on it?

also waiting until 3yr-36k miles before buying extended warranty for the same reason. They figured my payments to be 310 month with warranty of $1695 100k miles 6 years...yes its that much around here....i am going to shop for a better priced warranty sooner or later. so back to the 310 a month...i figured it was 32 bucks less a month without the warranty. 32 bucks a month makes $2304 for six years i paid for the warranty....f*ck that! so warranty is going to come back off when i go pick up the car which they said its not a prob.

So there's my story....my boyfriend is getting grumpy bc i have spent the past two weeks online on the scion forums and havent really posted much until now.

still waitin, waitin, waitin..........grrrr!~

·
Registered
282 Posts
oh wow i didnt realize i was going on 'n on 'n on in that last post....my bad, hope i didnt bore anyone out. Just sharing my experince.

·
Registered
181 Posts
where are you at in Ohio??? i got my tC last weekend 24 July..

i'm near the Dayton area..

as far as where we should all meet up.. i don't have any preference.. it'll just
come down to whether or not i'm available for that weekend

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WOOT for Roanoke!!! Hehe.

What kinda' tC did you get? Did you get yours from Haley?

Also, do you know about the Scion Owners Club that they are trying to get started in Roanoke? I just started with the group this past Saturday, but e-mail me at [email protected] if you're interested!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By the way...it still looks like:

3 for Jersey
2 for Virginia
1 for Ohio
1 for Maryland/Jersey

Anyone else interested in meeting up?

I'm suggesting the beginning of October 2nd. Hopefully more people will have their car by then and October 1st is a Friday so people can kick off the weekend with a road-trip, if need be.

·
Registered
181 Posts
hmm.. i'll just be getting back from a vacation on the 30th Sept so it looks like
i'll be able to attend the meet.

so who's going to head the organization?!?

*cough cough* Loopy *cough cough*

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm...well, I can try to keep the list of people attending and what not....but if we hold it anywhere other than Southwest Virginia, I'll need to have a "local" help with planning where to meet/drive/spend the night, etc.

Any volunteers?

*cough cough* n3ro? *cough cough* Hehe.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Originally posted by LoopyLady_1@Aug 10 2004, 02:02 PM
Hmmm...well, I can try to keep the list of people attending and what not....but if we hold it anywhere other than Southwest Virginia, I'll need to have a "local" help with planning where to meet/drive/spend the night, etc.

Any volunteers?

*cough cough* n3ro? *cough cough* Hehe.
uhhh.. i graciously decline

1. i'll be gone for a month into hiding away from civilization starting in 2 1/2 weeks

2. i don't even know the area here well enough.. besides you don't want to have
the meet in Ohio do you?? sorry Liz

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, I see how it is......

No, seriously though, I understand. If anyone in Jersey is interested in helping get some details together, just let me know.

Otherwise, it may become a Virginia meet and the Blue Ridge Parkway will be our playground.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts