Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this morning (friday) i came out of my apartment to go pick up my gf from class and i see my car keyed!! 6 inches long and its deep. Man what the hell, some people have stupid affinities to scion. WTF and then I park my car near the bus stop and when i come back from class there's a red scratch. OMG i'm gonna go crazy. Is there a car cover for the tC yet? cause i'm ready to buy one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
damn....sorry to hear that

·
Registered
299 Posts
ouchie... i'd definitely kill some people....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That's horrible. I'm always afraid I'm going to come out to find a huge scratch from some jealous #######. I'm really sorry...

·
Registered
299 Posts
i also just found a scratch about 2.5 inches long but not deep THANK GOD!.. u can only notice it if you're lookin at it from an angle and not straight on which is a good thing. i'm hoping to be able to buff it out later with zaino..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by phungy@Oct 10 2004, 08:13 PM
what did u use to buff it out? or will that worsen my scratch?
No I don't think that buffing will worsen the scratch but it's kinda hard to say what you need to do without seeing the scratch. If it's past the paint and you can see primer or metal then buffing will not help.

I used Meguiar's DACP (dual action cleaner/polish) with an orbital buffer. It took all of five minutes and the scratch was completely gone.

moogoo- If you are talking about Z-5, I believe it only hides scratches,swirls, etc. and doesn't remove them. I don't think that it contains any abbrasives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.