Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just figured I'd post some pics of the newly installed Hotchkis Front Strut Brace. A word to the wise... Install your intake first... I made the mistake.

Also just so you all know... Installing the front strut brace involves taking the windshield wipers off along with some other parts... they really didn't make this car easy for DIY'ers. Still wasnt too bad though... Access to upper bolt on the right strut is a little difficult. Couldn't use a socket wrench to reach it without having to remove more pieces...

Not lookin forward to removing the strut bar to install the intake when it comes... but you gotta do what you gotta do... and the brace ROCKS... much better handling already... I think

Here's the picts of my car: http://nlaufosau.photosite.com/myscion/

Page 2 has the Strut Bar shots. Also there's a pict of the carbon fiber B pillars incase anyone is wondering how they match the Flint Mica color. It looks hot... I have to say I'm thinking about going with a carbon fiber hood. Except I want one with a vent over the short ram intake. Any suggestions of places that do custom hoods?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Nice looking car! I may get the strut brace eventually and have heard before that it's a pain. Great job!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Compared to many other cars strut bar install on the tC takes about 20 minutes vs. 5. So yeah, you can call it a pain. But I would not recommend getting it unless you did everything else with the suspension, preferably in that order (or all at once): rear anti-sway bar, springs, shocks, front strut brace.

I flipped the aluminum part of my strut bar upside down to hide the hotchkis logo - makes it look a little cleaner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call on Flipping the Brace over. Whenever I get my intake/struts, whatever comes first, I'll probably go ahead and do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.